General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shakes head in disbelieve !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 3 Dec 2012 16:15

Could not believe that anyone would stoop so low as to steal Ed's blanket from his mobility scooter, it was parked outside our front door ( quite a way from the road )and it was a really nice thick one to keep him warm when he is out and about in this cold weather.
So today had to go out hunting for a new one :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 16:20

It beggars belief doesn't it? Somebody might have followed him home and waited while he went indoors. He will have to take the new one in with him. I suppose you have to think that maybe it was somebody who needed it more than Ed did. People don't care these days, they want, they take. :-(

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Dec 2012 16:20

Oh what a mean thing to do :-| Did you manage to find another Mummo?

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 3 Dec 2012 16:24

Sorry to hear that - a despicable act

Did you have a good scout around to check that it wasn't dragged away by foxes
they have taken seat covers off my garden chairs and even one shoe OH left out after gardening

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 3 Dec 2012 16:25

Yes Rose, thankfully another thick one from B& M and luckly only £10.
No foxes round this area or l've never seen one :-D

Woody's

Woody's Report 3 Dec 2012 16:25

How dreadful... Looks like someone decided they wanted an early Christmas present. :-( I'd like to be as charitable as Ann but I'm struggling!
Hope you managed to get another one.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 3 Dec 2012 16:28

Mummo...how awful people can be sometimes :-( But at least Ed has a brand new blanket now :-) <3

BC XX

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 3 Dec 2012 16:28

Thats disgusting.More so from a disabled persons scooter and quite away from the road..

Bad enough from a non-disabled person.

Hope the blanket gets moth holes in it for them..

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 3 Dec 2012 16:29

Look on the positive side Mummo sweetie.
It might be keeping some homeless kid warm tonight.
When you think about it , you`ve got to be pretty desperate to nick a blanket.

Tell Ed he just might have saved some one from freezing to death tonight . :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 3 Dec 2012 16:35

Sometimes ( not very often) I am speechless what a rotten thing to do. I can see Jiminys point it is going to be freezing tonight , but still not acceptable to steal something just because you need it.

I am so pleased Ed has a new blanket. Stay warm.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 3 Dec 2012 16:49

I am afraid if I was homeless and freezing I would probably have pinched it too. It is freezing out there and sometimes morals go out the window.

not nice to have it pinched..though ...as JC says.....lets hope it wasn't stolen for any other reason and it keeps some poor homeless person warm this Christmas.....If it was stolen by any other than someone in desperate need......then they will surely get their comeuppance.

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 3 Dec 2012 16:49

If l thought the blanket had gone to a homeless person l wouldn't be angry but where we live they seem to help themselves to what ever is about, last time it was Ed's deckchair !!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Dec 2012 16:53

disgraceful - but that seems to be the way of the world these days, more's the pity

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 3 Dec 2012 17:15

Mummo, you have to have eyes in the back of your head these days .
But glad that you was able to get him another one :-D
Hazelx

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 17:29

Hi Mummo, how sad things have become these days.

Today I was waiting in a shop queue when I noticed an elderly lady in a bit of trouble and leaning against the counter. I asked if she wanted help and she had her mobility scooter outside the shop with the front basket full of shopping. I thought how easily it would have been for some low life to just lift them as they went by. How trusting was she

Sue

Sue Report 3 Dec 2012 18:07

That is a very low act indeed. Even if it was someone who needed a blanket. Equally it could hav e been someone wanting to make some money on ebay, to buy drugs or cigarettes. Who knows.??

Sorry you had to fork out for another blanket.