General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm not a morning person

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Dec 2012 08:16

so why does my dear son bombard my poor old brain with the minutely detailed description of how to de-encrypt something or other when I can barely put two syllables together or remember my own name lol.

Are you good in the mornings, or are you a 'grumpalump' like me?

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Dec 2012 08:20

and then I open an email to see this assault on my brain cells

"Can you find your stop 'male chicken'?

WHAT?! they shouldn't do this to me :-S

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 5 Dec 2012 08:22

I am great in the mornings, Rose. Just rev me up with my daily shots of wheatgrass, two cups of very strong coffee, and I am sweet as a toffee and can talk for Ireland. I don't necessarily make sense though :-D <3 <3

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Dec 2012 08:27

I must try and get some wheatgrass then lol, at the moment I feel like the dormouse that has just been woken up :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 5 Dec 2012 08:41

Morning ladies,~~~~

I'm full of beanz is me,,,,,,,I wake up with a racing brain,

few cups of tea then ready to shoot the day in the foot...... :-

Wheatgrass,,,,,,BC do you smoke it....

:-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Dec 2012 08:45

Ugh! it looks foul Lol!!! No wonder it wakes you up.

I am ok in the mornings as long as I can start moving after about 8am, any earlier and I am not so good. Although that is only since I retired as I used to start work at 07.30. But by about 10pm I am slowing down (or my brain is. :-)

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 5 Dec 2012 08:59

I'm not a morning person so drives me mad when Ed is so cheerful and chatty in the morning.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 5 Dec 2012 09:06

I usually wake up about 6.30 (my eyes are open, but I'm not exactly aware!)

I need two cups of coffee before I'm human

My darling OH brings me the first coffee ..... so I have somethine to wake me up a bit before I try getting out of bed. <3

Then comes the daily exercise........ getting my back off the mattress & my feet on the floor :-D

Weird, because I used to be a night person......... by 10pm I'm looking for my pillow

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 5 Dec 2012 09:33

Have always been a morning person. 7am everything is whirring, 10pm brain is like porridge. OH and son opposite.

On hols from work at moment and notice everything is like porridge 24/7. Retirement next year frightens me for that reason.

A routine and challenges are so very important - even little ones :-D

Went to barbers yesterday and that was a challenge and I feel better for it. Now I read a 116 year old in USA died following a visit from her hairdresser, so I feel lucky. ;-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 5 Dec 2012 10:26

My brain is OK Rose it's just the carcass that complains :-( I'll be up at 5.30 a.m. if I hear himself leaving or anytime up until 9.30 a.m. if himself is on nights.

It's mid afternoon that I find problematic, brain starts to shut down, hence the senile naps :-D

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 5 Dec 2012 12:31

Hate mornings always have ... opted for night work
Am grumpy and unbearable and don't want to engage in any form of conversation
(my father was exactly the same) OH the complete opposite talk talk talk and then the usual "whats wrong with You" after all these years you would think he'd figure :-(

Forced myself to try and at least be sociable when having to do the morning school run (walk) but so relieved when that was no longer necessary and I could stay under duvet until ready to face the world :-D

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 5 Dec 2012 13:26

I was okay when working and started early, but now retired I'm definitely a night owl.........and like to start my day with a morning cuppa tea around 8.30....I hate the dark mornings :-(

Merlin

Merlin Report 5 Dec 2012 13:35

8.30 Mau? :-D Thats afternoon. :-D :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 5 Dec 2012 13:37

My sleep pattern is horrendous. I was up this morning at 5am, 2 cups of tea and a ciggy. Tip toe ing about so as not to wake oh up.

So came on the boards and no~one about tut tut. Where was everyone???

Like you Rose my son comes and I ask him how to do something on line and its as if he was talking in another language.

Got that mum? yes love thanks. Not a clue. :-S

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 5 Dec 2012 13:54

I hate mornings and have a daughter the same as your son.....as soon as she drops of her little darlings at my house....begin the instructions for today....mum...can you, will you, and don't forget to ask his teacher so and so.....it drives me nuts...by the time she has driven out of my house I have forgot what she has said!

Have to put it down to many years of doing nights.....I am a Night Owl

Def a grumpalump :-D

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 5 Dec 2012 14:00

Depends on own 24 hr. clock Merlin ;-) :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 5 Dec 2012 14:44

Our company expects 36 hours work from Monday to Saturday, 8am till 8pm.

No one seems to work Saturday. And everybody seems to think it is a macho thing to start at 8am. Earlier if possible, no doubt.

I have spent my 48 years at work being told "the early bird catched the worm". What time do you call this, the afternoon?" if I had arriived at 7.30am and they arrived at 7am.

It is nonsense. In most jobs you can do 7 hours from 11am till 6pm and be just as productive as the person who starts at 8am and finishes at 3pm. Work should be flexible and arranged around your personal daily cycle.

Then we would have no rush hours :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Dec 2012 06:42

I have always been a night owl and my son is the same, I get a second wind around 2am if I am living the normal hours but now my sleep pattern is completely snookered and I sleep in the day, off to be in a mo and it's nearly 7am (all down to circumstances and the fm and chronic fatigue syndrome)

O.h. is the opposite, up earlier and asleep in the chair by 9pm - what am I doing with someone like that lol??

Lizx