General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A passing stranger.............

Page 3 + 1 of 5

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 15:26

Sue :-D :-D

Have often been told I am twp. Looked it up in dictionary. Twp is Welsh for spiritual genius - something like that.

Compliments flying across the valleys. I think you are a real pisyn :-D :-D

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 6 Dec 2012 15:24

You mean like Ant & Dec :-S :-S :-S

Wend

Wend Report 6 Dec 2012 15:23

Perhaps you could change your avatar for 10 minutes, Island, as you did a couple of weeks ago - that should give everyone a good larf. Just change the headgear to something seasonal and stick a white beard on it ;-) ;-) ;-) :-D :-D :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 6 Dec 2012 15:22

Twp and Cwt........marvellous duo :-D

Island

Island Report 6 Dec 2012 15:12

I thought it was Jimmy Savile :-S

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 6 Dec 2012 15:00

and me :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 14:58

Very verey disappointed, Ann. I saw you were quick to post and thought you were accepting my offer of a compliment and a cwtch. :-(

Don't have my draig coch (red dragon) any more but I did draig him round a lot of countries on his c.......

His cwt - Welsh for "tail" ;-)

Paula+

Paula+ Report 6 Dec 2012 14:57

Ann you are cracking me up............. <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Dec 2012 14:53

your girlfriend looks a bit of a dog if you don't mind me saying :-(

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 14:44

On behalf of Prince Philip, I would like to object. He is 6' tall, and about 12 stone and very good looking. I am only quite good looking, 5'1" and 14 stones. :-D :-D

Merlin :-( :-( :-( That was not me. That was Richmal Crompton.

Merlin

Merlin Report 6 Dec 2012 14:42

No Paula+, Its the Compare from the "Wheeltappers and Shunters Club" making his announcement "Thank you Please " I,ve had a word with the Committee and the Meat Pies are now on Sale. :-D :-D :-D

Paula+

Paula+ Report 6 Dec 2012 14:36

Oh dear is that a photo of you John,? I seriously thought it was Prince Phillip, I really am laughing here now :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 14:30

A lady said to me the other day. "Are you really 66. I cannot believe it"

And I look nothing like as young as my avatar, which was a photograph taken on a rugby tour in 1997.

Any lady (or man, for sake of equality legislation) who wants a compliment and a kiss under the mistletoe, line up. First four only, as I don't want to take over Paula's complimentary thread. :-D <3

Paula+

Paula+ Report 6 Dec 2012 14:29

I think you are brilliant Ann, you always make me laugh xxxxxx <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Dec 2012 14:26

see, I'm psychic ;-)

Paula+

Paula+ Report 6 Dec 2012 14:24

I am laughing here, but actually he did have a dog. :-D

I will be walking to the shops again tomorrow.

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 6 Dec 2012 14:19

Tell me where and at what time cause I could do with a compliment to make my day too.

You probably made his day too

:-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 14:17

AnnC You are in a very naughty mood this morning :-D ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Dec 2012 14:13

that'll teach you to stand on street corners with a come hither look!!! what kind of guide dog did he have :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Paula+

Paula+ Report 6 Dec 2012 14:11

It was so unexpected and sweet considering the fact that I was freezing and had a very red nose. :-D :-D