General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

E Mails - how many KBs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Dec 2012 13:02

anyone know how many Kbs you can send in an email - I have a document 1000kbs long - can I send it in an email or will I have to do it in sections please

advice much appreciated

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 10 Dec 2012 13:03

thats only a single Megabyte, shouldnt have a problem with that Ann.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Dec 2012 13:04

thanks for the quick reply Eldrick - so glad you're still here - not just for this though!!!

Ann XX

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 10 Dec 2012 13:05

Still waiting the judgement :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Dec 2012 13:17

Hmmmm - should have explained better - I have to c&p this document and it wonlt take all of it in one go - Sooooooo - how much will it take in one go?

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 10 Dec 2012 13:24

It depends on your email provider. I think hotmail allows up to 25mb, some ISP's restrict it to 10mb, so it varies.

Are you trying to add it into the body of an email or attach it as a file....? Much easier to attach it! You will see a paperclip icon somewhere - click on that an navigate to your document, highlight it and click open or add or whatever it says and it will then attach itself to your email.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Dec 2012 13:50

thanks Eldrick - I'm an absolute technophobe - have tried all ends up to send it in one piece - have put it in a folder, tried to burn it on to a disc or copy it on to a disc - so now I'm sending it about 9 pages at a time - it's a book which I have proofread for a fellow GR member - donlt know what he'll think when he gets it in about 20 sections but hopefully he can do something with it then - doh!!!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Dec 2012 14:00

well I've sent it now in 24 emails!!!! poor chap - he'll probably have a fit!!!

thanks for trying to help me Eldrick, I very much appreciate it, but as I said - I'm thick!!!

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 10 Dec 2012 14:04

ouch!

You cant send folders by email, lol just need to attach the actual document. But as long as he's got it, Im sure it will be fine :-)