General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR if you are tinkering

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 11 Dec 2012 08:09

I'll join the club

Julia iin Derbyshire.

PS Is it Jack Frost ??????

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Dec 2012 10:25

That bird is a bit skinny Lolly :-D

I have no idea what GR are doing with the site. Last night was frustrating and I was resisting the temptation to lob laptop through the window.

I can only hope it is better today.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 11 Dec 2012 11:49

Well I've had no problems whatsoever... It must be your Browser. :-P

Have you thought, they just might be preparing for the launch of their yearly on site Christmas decorations. ;-)

This year its reported to be a particularly spectacular event. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

ps,
"A Merry Christmas to all my readers". <3 xx

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Dec 2012 12:02

OMG will it be the red hats? A miniscule string of baubles? I can't wait to find out :-S

and a Merry Wotsit to you JC :-D

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 11 Dec 2012 12:44

Between midnight and 1am this morning the site was a disaster.

Error message after error message.

Merlin

Merlin Report 11 Dec 2012 12:50

It will be Men in "Tights and Manikins" dancing around singing Jingle Bells, :-D :-D hope I,ve spelt it right,curtesy of the GR.Team, :-D :-D :-D :-D ;-) ;-)

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 11 Dec 2012 13:03

Can you still get those?.... Manikin Cigars...

Mmmmm.... I can just smell them now, such a lovely aroma.

Merlin

Merlin Report 11 Dec 2012 13:05

Ask Clinton :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Dec 2012 13:17

Boys, boys this is a serious discussion :-0

Please do not make fun of GR's attempts at brightening the board at this jolly time of year.

lolololol

oops sorry I had an hysterical moment.

Place your bets now, everything is evens but I'll offer 100/1 that it won't be the usual pathetic teensy, weensy GIF that we will miss until someone points itt out.

Merlin

Merlin Report 11 Dec 2012 13:23

Sorry ,I think it will be a plate of sprouts carried by a man in tights surrounded by a lot of Prickly Holly, Fairy Lights,and a` Large Funny Hat. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D.PMSL.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Dec 2012 14:11

Shurrup Merlin...............man in tights FGS....I didn't have a bucket ready :-P

Merlin

Merlin Report 11 Dec 2012 14:15

Theres a good Idea, (Ting) how about you girls nominating who you think might look good in them :-D :-D :-D No Max Wall Lookalikes or Funny Walks. ;-) ;-) :-D :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Dec 2012 14:22

Nooooooooooooooo way Merlin, we would be too cruel ;-)

wisechild

wisechild Report 11 Dec 2012 14:24

Merlin.
You forgot the jar of vaseline. :-P :-P :-P

Island

Island Report 11 Dec 2012 14:31

Merlin, do you mean on the leggies or over the head? ;-) :-D :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 11 Dec 2012 14:32

I think thats being used by some one thinking of sending a Sleigh to Oz,incase they cant get down the Chimney Pipe. :-D :-D.but I suppose "Vanishing Cream" would Suffice, :-D :-P ;-)

wisechild

wisechild Report 11 Dec 2012 14:41

The site seems more than capable of performing vanishing acts without the aid of cream. :-( :-(