General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

6 Days to go so how about... ARK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 18 Dec 2012 14:11

Only 6 Days to go so how about A Act Random of Kindness thread.

It's the season of Good Will, so if you find yourself doing a Act Random of Kindness for another person. Why not share your Act or Random Kindness with fellow members on here. Tell us about it. :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 18 Dec 2012 14:33

"Random acts of kindness, senseless acts of beauty"

i was thinking of that phrase yesterday when watching 'The Hobbit'

not the exact quote perhaps from Gandalf but close I think

"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." :-)

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 18 Dec 2012 14:39

Very well put RR :-D

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 18 Dec 2012 16:15

I´m not sure if this is an act of kindness or pure madness.
I am looking after a neighbours 3 yes THREE dogs until the 2nd Jan. So instead of shuffling my 2 to friends when I visit mother I now have 5 to sort out.
(note friends 3 will not be staying with me but in their own home :-D)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Dec 2012 16:44

Presumably you also have to exercise them Uzzi so you will be keeping fit at the same time. Well done though, not many people would take on responsibility for 3 dogs.

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 18 Dec 2012 17:08

Uzzi that does count as a Act of Random Kindness. Good on you for doing that & may you have a great Christmas.

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 19 Dec 2012 21:46

:-D

GinN

GinN Report 19 Dec 2012 22:14

Gave someone a pound coin for a shopping trolley today, as they didn't have one.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Dec 2012 23:40

Did all the procurement for a colleague today as, true to form, no-one has had proper training for anything - and procurement was my job once, therefore I can do it much quicker than him.

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 20 Dec 2012 21:15

I helped an old lady onto the train today.

PS I just realised She did not want to get on the train... She'll be in Crew now. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 21 Dec 2012 13:25

:-) :-D :-D