General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Talking of hoovers . . .

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wend

Wend Report 21 Dec 2012 11:55

My daughter made me laugh this morning. Yesterday a man walked into reception at the offices where she works. He said to the receptionist, 'Hi, I'm from the pub just up the road and our hoover has packed up. I was wondering if you have one we could borrow for an hour or so.' She duly obliged and then watched him walk up the road with it and past the pub.

Man with hoover hasn't been seen since :-(

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 21 Dec 2012 12:19

What a coincidence Wend,
I've Just come from the local watering hole and a bloke in there has been selling cheap secondhand Vacuum Cleaners.
Apparently he has quite a few different models in his van out side in the car park. ;-)
:-D :-D

Ps hope you`re feeling better. <3 & xxx

Wend

Wend Report 21 Dec 2012 12:34

Ha ha! Jimbob and thankyou - I's doing me best :-D xx

Forgot to mention that the poor receptionist is new and started working there this week!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Dec 2012 12:48

Oh dear, not a good start for her poor girl.

Julia

Julia Report 21 Dec 2012 13:30

P45 her in her company Christmas card then this year, Wend and no bonus. I didn't realise you was poorly, but get well soon. There
is only four more sleeps until you will need all your strenght to kick that Turkey into the oven.

Julia in Derbyshire

Wend

Wend Report 21 Dec 2012 13:35

Thanks Julia. Don't worry, 'im indoors does most of the cooking - I just clear up after him LOLOL We do stuff the bird together though :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 21 Dec 2012 13:36

Sorry you,re feeling under the weather Wend, get well soon**M**,Ps. I used to have a Br.In.Law,we called Hoover,he was 6ft.2" thin as a rake and would eat for England, Any leftovers went fast and furious. :-D :-D :-D a stick insect was fat in comparison to him :-D

Wend

Wend Report 21 Dec 2012 13:42

Sounds a bit like my son-in-law Merlin - he's 6 ft 8 ins and his nickname is Ladder. I put nibbles out on the table for everyone and he eats them in a couple of handfuls :-|

Apart from that, he's lovely :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 21 Dec 2012 18:54

The D*son Ball hoover joke...............

Hi mate I’m at A & E.

Just a quick word of warning….

The Dyson Ball Cleaner is not what you think it is !!!

:-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Dec 2012 20:26

You know a recession is biting very deep when people stea hoovers.

Shoplifters are taking baby milk now and nappies.

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 21 Dec 2012 21:06

I guess he made a clean getaway :-D

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 21 Dec 2012 21:08

Certainly not one to let the dust settle :-D

Wend

Wend Report 21 Dec 2012 21:23

He ruddy hoovered off double quick, that's what he did, and left that poor new 26 yr old receptionist in deep **** without a bog-brush :-0