General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adverts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 23 Dec 2012 18:01

I often used to think the adverts were better than the programmes

What are your favourite Christmas adverts and your worst this year ?

I have to admit that I canĀ“t think of any this year that I either dislike or like so maybe I actually do get up and make the coffee then :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Dec 2012 18:06

I like the John Lewis one.

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 23 Dec 2012 19:11

At the moment Tesco, the old boy that falls asleep after Christmas pudding, reminds me of my dad, except I do it now ;-)

Carol

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 23 Dec 2012 19:19

I really dislike the ads that have the opera type singer (is it go compare?) I just don't find them funny at all and wouldn't encourage me to use the company.
As I am typing Clilitbang ad came on, another one that annoys me.

I loved the one with Harvey the dog, not on now though.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 23 Dec 2012 20:01

Miss Harvey - however the exploits of the Meerkat gang shown on Corrie have me in fits - each one different and more being added each week. Even OH who disappears as soon as music begins waits to see the first one!

GinN

GinN Report 23 Dec 2012 20:33

One disapointing one stands out - Iceland! Stacey Solomon was a big improvement last year after the dreadful Kerry Katona, but this year it looks like Mums have abandoned it!