General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sympathy or a Brain needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 26 Dec 2012 16:46

or maybe just a calculator.

Just before Christmas I agreed to walk a neighbours 3 dogs. from the 19th to the 27th. Not a problem I could cope with that as they wanted to go back to the UK to be with her Dad what could be his last xmas.
On the 18th I was told that because of flights and costs the wouldn´t be going until the 21st ..okay said me and they will be back on the 2nd. I was quickly working out in my head for the days I see Mum and yes that´s no problem a walk at 8am 5.30ish and a last one about 8,30pm no prob going to see Mum and being back in time.

I went down with a stinker, sore throat, runny nose, hacking cough. etc etc. But dutifully I went and walked the dogs taking the lab out 1st and then the 2 little ones. for good walks except the night one when I let the little ones off leads and just leaded the lab for her walk. So having all 3 out together.

This morning my fog head must have cleared somewhere around 6.am when I was up showered, coffee´d and waiting for it to get light so I could start the merry go round of dog walks, and still leave by 9am to go and see mother.
It twigged on me that the changed of dates is no longer 8days away but 13 ie not a week but 2. !! How did I not work that out :-0
It hasn´t helped that when the dog walking was agreed OH had xmas day and boxing day off ...hah as if... he worked yesterday from 10 -6 and is working tonight also.

Nor has it helped that mother dear was in an awkward mood today and my lack of sleep didn´t help.
Still the 3 mutts are lovely and a pleasure to be out with if I didn´t have my 2 at home I would spend more time with them ..eck I would bring them home with me and walk the little legs off them, well not the lab she seriously needs a very good walk (they only get let out so are loving the walks and new smells).

looking at the clock it is time to do the merry go round of 6pm walks and bless my 2 they are snoring away having been out all morning.

I really must be mad !!!! :-0

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 26 Dec 2012 16:50

LOL Uzzinsunshine , not mad just kind :-D :-D
Hazelx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Dec 2012 16:57

No love, you aren't mad, just too kind sometimes. At least you are doing something you enjoy and not having to grit your teeth to do a favour you promised, albeit it is longer than you expected/intended when you first agreed to help out. The fact that this is to help your friends spend a last Christmas with Dad will help sugar the pill as you know how you would have felt had it been you, maybe not quite the same relationship but still something you would have done your best to fulfill.

I hope your friends will help you if necessary and that meantime you manage to relax when you can. Just grin and think how fit you will be to start the new year with all this extra excercise, and you are helping those pooches too.

Your Mum's moods don't help I know, and being tired makes it harder to cope but you have coped before with all the other pressures so hang on in there and do the best you can to juggle things without putting your health serioiusly at risk.

Take care and all the best for the New Year Uzzi

love
Lizxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Dec 2012 16:58

Oh look two people think the same, you are too kind lol Now don't let your halo slip eh?

xxx

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 26 Dec 2012 18:01

Ouch I did reply to this saying my halo slipped years ago and I think being mad is okay.
I also thanked you both for saying I am kind, >>>>>>>>>still think I am mad :-D

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 26 Dec 2012 18:28

O.K. mad ... but still kind :-D :-D

Hazelx

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 26 Dec 2012 18:35

lol thank you Hazel. I´m just gearing up for the next walk, but my epi will not leave my side.
My kindness is to animals more than people I think <3

Mind I still can´t work out how I didn´t realise the 8days changed to 13 days !

Wend

Wend Report 26 Dec 2012 18:43

Nutty as a fruitcake, but with a huge heart <3 xxx

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 26 Dec 2012 18:47

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D @ Wend thank you

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 26 Dec 2012 18:50

Ah thats because you were'nt feeling well Uzzi , your brain wouldn't work properly lol .
and as for animals ,well you and i both , i've had my dog Trixie for 4 years now she 14yrs old next march and she got more go in her than i have lol . but love her to bits .
:-D :-D
Hazelx

UzziInSunshine

UzziInSunshine Report 26 Dec 2012 19:29

Hazel you would love the 3 I am looking after Abby is a 10yr old terrier with more guts than the lab. Lucy the lab is huge and deserves better walks than I give her, she´s about 5/6 then there is Tinkerbell (yes I know) she is a yorkie and a tiny one at that, in height she is only just smaller as Abby but she is probably half the weight. BUT she isn´t cowed just quick at getting out of the way of big paws :-D and she has a voice in her actions,

If I didn´t have my jealous 2 I would love to pile them all in the car and take them for a good run out.
I am getting late for their night walk but Minx my epi will not leave my side (as you know I can´t leave mine together because they could fight)

as I said MAD

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 27 Dec 2012 18:20

Sorry i didn't get back to you Uzzi , OH had a bad turn he has a heart condition and he got some pains in his chest , but everything o.k. now :-D :-D

You know Uzzi if i could afford it i would have every stray dog that there is lol
i just love em .
i love taking Trixie out in the summer when OH cant because he's doing something , I take her over the park and we play hide n seek . if she cant find me she will start to panic so i have to call her, then she's o.k.

so if your MAD then your a nice MAD .so there :-P
:-D :-D
Hazelx