General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DID ANYONE GET ANY GOOD BARGAINS IN THE SALES?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 1 Jan 2013 22:31

I didnt get much,sales terrible this yr

A few rolls of christmas wrapping paper and a new coat.

What were the sales like in your area? :-(

Mersey

Mersey Report 1 Jan 2013 22:51

Hi Suzanne....I did all my sale shopping online, mostly Ted Baker, Debenhams, Amazon and Play.com.....

Will I get told off for advertising LOL :-P

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 1 Jan 2013 22:56

Igot my coat from NEW LOOK reduced from £45 TO £22

My wrapping paper came from WILKO"S

Tesco sale rubbish.

IF you get told of mersey, so will i . :-D :-D

HAPPY NEW YR.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 1 Jan 2013 23:01

Happy New Year to you too :-D

Didn't even bother to go and look, can't manage crowds without a ben hur style wheelchair, even my most lethal crutch is useless.

To be honest I have far too many clothes and shoes anyway. Lots of clothes are a little snug, well can't get them on TBH. But once I'm mobile I will :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 1 Jan 2013 23:02

Whispers to Suzanne....I did go to Card Factory sale and bought all my Christmas cards and wrapping paper for next year for half price imbetween Christmas and the New Year :-D but please dont tell anyone as I know there will be tutters lol... :-)

Happy New Year to you too Chucks..... <3

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 1 Jan 2013 23:47

happy new yr to you to SUPERCRUTCH.

Hope you got through the festive season in one piece.

little me suffering from a horrible hangover today. :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Jan 2013 00:23

I've not bothered looking - though I should have, I threw out a lot of xmas lights (stopped working) and decorations today.

As for clothes, I just look at the sizes on the hangars. Never much for a size 12 dress size or size 4 feet!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Jan 2013 00:59

Sales in my area?

hahahaha that's funny.

We've got a supermarket & about 10 small shops. Maybe the pizza shop is having a sale? :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jan 2013 10:09

We have a major shopping mall close by which had some good offers if you were the right clothes size, not that OH would let me look.

Instead we stuck to The List and got half priced Crackers and wrapping paper, half priced shower rail, and some 'special purchase' bed linen :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 2 Jan 2013 10:10

just christmas paper 8p lol,

Phyll

Phyll Report 2 Jan 2013 10:55

I got a pair of trainers reduced from £99.99 to £49.99 from Sportsdirect.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 2 Jan 2013 13:38

Yes,

Got rail price of clothes £240---for £128! ,,,,bargain,plus 2 pr shoes saved near £40 on tag prices.......and usual paper and cards and some tree lights....

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Jan 2013 15:28

Not bothered to go. Never usually bother and shops here seem to have sales all year round.

Iris

Iris Report 2 Jan 2013 15:35

needed a new dress for christmas ,found one for £18 in bhs ,normal price £25(and asize smaller than i have been). :-D

Fiona

Fiona Report 2 Jan 2013 16:02

We had a new extension built during the summer which gave us a bigger dinning room, so in-between Christmas and New Year we went looking in the furniture shops for a sideboard and display cupboard, lots of sales on, got the sideboards I was looking for and a display cupboard and because we spent over a certain amount of money we also were given a £300 mirror for free. there coming on Monday can't wait :-D :-D

GinN

GinN Report 2 Jan 2013 16:13

Didn't bother with clothes, and only bought 4 packs of Christmas cards at some charity shops. However, we're about to order a new kitchen from Wickes - though when do they NOT have a sale!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 2 Jan 2013 16:42

Leather jacket down from £ 238 to £ 22 ... quite pleased :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jan 2013 16:43

Quite pleased? That's a stonking saving! :-D