General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So Much for 2013

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 2 Jan 2013 14:07

roll on next year ! :-D

Yesterday my Minxy had a mega 6miniute epileptic fit that left me shaking and her unsteady for nigh on 2hrs. It´s the worst that I have ever had to cope with and I really thought I had lost her during it. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she went completely rigid even with valium. I couldn´t get her mouth open to help her even though there was saliva and blood pouring from it. I had silent tears poring down my face, Little Mini was stressed and crying watching on. Minx is fine now but I really hope I don´t have to go through another like that.

Today I have been told that a friend of mine out here but from the UK, who I did know to be terminal. was taken into hospital on the 28th Dec and will probably not be returning to the UK alive on the 8th.

Tomorrow I will go and see mother dear and I bet she is still going strong !

So much for 2013 so far.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 2 Jan 2013 14:58

well 2012 was very glad to see the back of --as,,,,,

17th funeral,,,,28 th funeral....2012,,,,,,,,, ..tomorrow funeral and the 4th funeral.......so much for 2013......

your poor doggy.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 2 Jan 2013 15:30

Kay I am sorry to hear your bad start also so many funerals

Minx will be fine her fits are just getting scary

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Jan 2013 18:26

Uzzi, I am sorry poor Minx had to go through that awful time and you and Mini watching and worrying, and sorry too that your friend has spent her last Christmas in hospital, I hope she has a peaceful passing when the time comes. Christmas will be an especially poignant time for her family and friends now, if not already for other memories.

Kay, I am sorry you have lost so many people dear to you over the past year, it sometimes goes like that, doesn't it? May all your friends and loved ones rest in peace, maybe united in another place with their loved ones and friends gone before. I like to think of people meeting up and being well again, family chains linked together once more.

The thought of my Mum handing out tea and sausage rolls, her tradmark, to 'newcomers' always makes me smile. No one ever came to our home without being welcomed with food and drink, Mum was a great one for baking and always had cake in the tin.

Let's hope things get better as the year rolls on.

Lizx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 2 Jan 2013 18:56

Thank you Liz

Wend

Wend Report 2 Jan 2013 19:01

So sorry to hear the Minx has had another fit Uzzi and such a bad one too.

Hugs, Wend - and good luck with Her Ladyship tomorrow :-(