General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

  • The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census


  • New posts
  • No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Double Entry on Family Tree.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date


David Report 6 Jan 2013 11:00

I added the mother of my greatgrandfather on my family she was already listed to that family as his Grandfathers Daughter she now appears twice in the record how can i correct this.Help please.Best Regards Dave.


JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Jan 2013 11:15

if you cant delete them yourself contact GR
and they will help you all they can

i made a massive mistake researched the wrong Herbet Brown from staffs

and GR deleted 9 months work for me

well done GR for your help :-D :-D


Kense Report 6 Jan 2013 11:38

Delete the mother of your greatgrandfather.
Select your greatgrandfather, then select Add
Select Mother
Select Find Existing
Start typing in the name of his mother and it should find her.
Select her and click Save.


Thelma Report 6 Jan 2013 12:45

In my experience you will not be able to delete her because she has a husband and children.
Change her name to something else like,wrong entry.
Now add her as another wife using "Find Existing"
Now click on each child in turn and change mother using "Find Existing"
Now you can delete "wrong entry".


David Report 6 Jan 2013 14:49

Thanks All
I will try each of these .options, before contacting GR
Best Regards Dave.


David Report 6 Jan 2013 15:17

Dear KenSE and Thelma
I have tried both these options without success,his mother was unmarried so no husband to attach her to.Best Regards Dave.