General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Big whooper of a lie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 6 Jan 2013 15:53

I have choosen the changing the subject system when questioned now :-D :-D :-D

PatrickM

PatrickM Report 6 Jan 2013 15:28

Hayley, was that one of the Ebay daily deals the one with 75% off, is it any good? :-D

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 6 Jan 2013 15:19

if you want to get out of it with another fib, just say you bought the tv from a branch of Comet just before it closed... ;-) list of closed stores can be found by googling lol.

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 6 Jan 2013 15:04

Thats the thing they know I would never buy knock off :-(

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Jan 2013 14:38

Hayley. Just say the Pool. Told you can get anything for £50 in Liverpool ;-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Jan 2013 14:37

tell him they fell of the back of a lorry lol

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 6 Jan 2013 14:35

** cringes**

You all may gloat but son has even got his friends to ring me to ask where do you get these TV for for 50 nicker..... :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Jan 2013 14:32

By the way am sympathizing not casting nastershums .lol :-) :-) :-) :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Jan 2013 14:30

Oh my think you have dug a BIG deep hole somewhere.

My Mum who was the font of all knowledge used to say one lie leads to another and liars need good memories .

But been there done that when OH has asked what I spent and why .I have waffled cos know i crossed the imaginary line somewhere.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Jan 2013 14:26

hayley can you get me half a dozen of those £50 TVs lol ;-) ;-)

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 6 Jan 2013 14:25

well shes your baby, and a princess she needed that Tv lol, and they are cheap as chips now, "altho id like to know where you got a tv for £50"

but why not spoil her while you can,

:-D

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 6 Jan 2013 14:22

I would so love a one Merlin the children have told me all about it however parents cant see it :-0

Merlin

Merlin Report 6 Jan 2013 14:15

Hayley, Maam, I,m so surprised you have,nt got the latest Bush for your Garden, its called a "Money Tree" and its very good when it flowers and Displays its wonderful fruit. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D ;-)

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 6 Jan 2013 14:09

I am of the opinion thats what our children are for, however I hope I have taught them the value of money and it doesnt grow on trees ...sometimes I dont seem to get the balance right but its one of lifes learning curves. :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Jan 2013 14:04

Saw very nice 28" TV in Tesco before Christmas for £148. With son's staff discount and some money off vouchers, it would not cost him more than £125! The one he wants for £300 interest free is very posh - 40" etc etc.

I think it is lovely you spoilt her a bit, Hayley. I expect the boys might also spoil her as she gets older. Lucky Princess :-D :-D

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 6 Jan 2013 13:57

You should of went to Tesco apparently they are only 300 quid there lol

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 6 Jan 2013 13:57

I was horrified that he dare suggest I had favoured one child over the 2 and instisted that the boys wouldnt be bothered.

So come xmas morning we all opened our pressies and when it came to the baby opening her TV ( the big pressie under the tree that I had been telling her days was for her nana) I saw son no 2 glance over.....Here comes the lie: I said Oh dont worry son we only paid £50.00 for it :-D son didnt reply repiled or even looked like he took any notice.
Later in the day son no 1 appears and again we all open our pressies with him, I go off to finish the dinner. it was whilst we were all sat eating dinner that son no 1 suddenly asks.." so mum where is you can get these TV for £50.00?" :-0
To which out of the corner of my eye I saw Itsmytelly griining and smirking like a cheshire cat.....my reply .....More turkey son :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 6 Jan 2013 13:53

Show Cushions???? :-D

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 6 Jan 2013 13:51

Ihave 3 children now all in the 20's, 2 older sons and my little girl.. now I have always no matter what treated them the same, with effection love and money no Mother can have a fav child.

Even at Christmas and birthdays I have always given them same in money. When the boys were teenagers they used to want football shirts/boots or video games for christmas, now like most familys I had a budget to spend on christmas presents and it was divided between the 3 children. So even though the lads got what they mostly wanted they only ever had about 4/5 presents to open, when as our little princess had loads all costing the same amount. The lads have claimed many times over the years that she was spoilt which I have argued the toss she wasnt they all had the same to, no avail. :-(

However this christmas, I asked and mithered them all what they wanted for christmas, I hate giving them just money, however both the boys opted for this but I got them stuff to open as well, our Little Princess still loves to open pressies however even with her I had ran out of ideas and with her half of the alotted money she opted for a new TV.....which took me right over her budget....however I instructed Itsmytelly to buy the TV and that was that...Acouple of days later whilst in the company of our friends, Itsmytelly said " I cant wait for xmas morning I dying to see Hayley explain to our boys why she has spent so much on *******. :-(

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 6 Jan 2013 13:32

On the back of Rose's thread I have just thought of a big whooping lie that only happened a couple of days ago ..

One mo ...... :-D

It will be long so bare with me :-D