General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Holy Communion Book

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 8 Jan 2013 14:46

I hae found a Holy Communion Book for Marjorie Edith Smith, confirmed March 29, 1936.
Would like to pass this to someone who has this relatilve in their line.

Provide proof, and the book is yours for price of postqge.

Badger Bill

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 8 Jan 2013 16:33

Have you tried looking for her birth etc., and followed her line yourself.

Does the book tell you which church she was confirmed in, are there lots of Catholic Churches in Worthing?

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 Jan 2013 09:45

I have a prayer book or similar which my mother was given as a Sunday School gift for good attendance. I also had her Bible which has a similar inscription in the front, sadly I used it for school when I was about 12 and someone stole it from my locker. I would love to have it back but no doubt it's long gone from the person who took it.

I hope you can find a family member of this lady but a difficult (maiden) name to chase up. I suppose the first thing would be to track down her marriage if she did wed, and find her married name.

Lizx

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 12 Apr 2013 14:35

Thanks for the suggestions - time a mite short at the moment - too much catching up to do on outside work started last year and abandoned due to bad weather - which is still preventing me from making any progress!!