General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my partner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

stella

stella Report 8 Jan 2013 15:37

i want to add my partner to my profile but we are not married , it seems the only way i can add him is by adding him as my spouse ! how can i add him as my partner only ??

michael2

michael2 Report 8 Jan 2013 15:50

sorry i dont think you can add him as your spouse then add a note exsplaining the fact,s. :-) :-) :-)

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 8 Jan 2013 16:04

Hi Stella and welcome

I have the problem of second marriages and end up with their children all over the place.
Have just added notes to them at the moment till I can figure it out

Good luck

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 8 Jan 2013 16:30

When adding children of multiple marriages I have found that the easiest way to solve the problem you have Barb is to attached the children to the spouse who has not remarried

ie John & Joan have 4 children
they divorce/ Joan remarries and has 2 more children

I would add the first 4 children to the father and the 2 later children to their father and that has worked well for me. No kids getting mixed up. And I have a very convoluted branch which starts with 1 woman and her illegitimate son, she marries and has 4 more children, she dies, he marries a woman with 2 illegitimate daughters and they go on to have 3 more children. Confused? It is until I wrote it all down and attached the children to a specific spouse. Simples :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 8 Jan 2013 16:53

Thanks PigletsPal

I think I.ve got it ??? Nothing quite so complex as yours ........yet!!!!

:-D :-D

stella

stella Report 8 Jan 2013 17:16

thanks all . think i have sussed it out ..... you add as your spouse then change details to partner in the edit section ... it then shows as yuor partner and not spouse..