General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

...the common thread is ......what ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 9 Jan 2013 14:22

"The sun is shining, the skies are blue and avian song abounds through the woods and hedgerows - an echo, perhaps, of an express desire in the majority of people that, with peace in the world, this could be witnessed and enjoyed as a daily occurence.

Even the casual observer cannot fail to moved by the beauty of their song. The message from these independent guardians of hope is of joy, love and courage; traits they have telegraphed since times immemorial. Traits we could try to mirror in our own lives, and in how we interact or communicate with others whether it be in person, or by speech, sign, mail or 'online'.

Each feathered friend out there, be it the eagle or the wren, each in its own way, is a star."

Merlin

Merlin Report 9 Jan 2013 14:28

Very True and very nice Mr. Daff. I,ve just been watching a Bluejay feeding off the bird table,such a wonderful sight. :-D Its about time for the Second Sitting they,re all getting ready for a Bathe and food,in their Pecking order.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2013 15:41

Love the birds and love to watch them on the feeders. However sun is not shining here in the valley, quite cold and an almost mist common to this area in the winter.

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 9 Jan 2013 21:05

Well, if someone doesn't 'twig' soon, I'll transfer this to the 'Quiz' thread....all this chat there's been about IQ's etcetera lately, and then I find no-one reads the question ! :-S :-( :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 9 Jan 2013 21:09

How I mirror the robin. Pretty, reddish, an individual who likes to watch attractive women digging their gardens.

Aaahhhh!!! Must tweet this. :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 Jan 2013 21:11

yes john i would say your a robin ;-) ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 9 Jan 2013 21:12

Newpapers Mr Daff.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 9 Jan 2013 21:15

Just off down the shopping centre to loot plasmas with my OAP friends, Joy :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2013 21:19

Obviously my intelligence is diminished by my toothache but I can't think of the answer. Yes I did read the question.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 9 Jan 2013 21:52

newspapers

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2013 22:00

That is what Rose said Susan wiv. Always knew you were both more intelligent than me :-D

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 9 Jan 2013 22:03

<3 <3 <3 Rose / Susan wiv <3 <3 <3

My faith is restored :-D

Obviously too easy though, have to think of something more ..... masculine (?) next time :-| :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 9 Jan 2013 23:11

They are newspapers :-D Have I won?

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 10 Jan 2013 00:54

I am a bit slow with these things,but now I get it Mr. Daff lol. :-)

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 10 Jan 2013 01:34

Grammatic and composition errors though -tsk, should have checked - no doubt 'someone' will take me to task when she's back (SC) !!! Reminds me of school - "Could have done better", LOL (but without the bruised knuckles :-D :-S)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 10 Jan 2013 09:08

Take no notice of grammar corrections, MrD. My grammar always used to be correcting me.

On a fast flowing site like this, grammar and punctuation goes by board. And some responsibility on hearer to do some work. We had several spellings of a newsreader on a thread yesterday. Yet we all knew exactly who we were talking about.

Even have people apologising for dyslexia. Well, I have no objection if someone struggles to spell and punctuate what they mean. All I want to read are their views. (particularly if they are the correct views) ;-) ;-)