General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Snow Warning,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 11 Jan 2013 19:55

As Met Office Issues Alert... :-(

Find your thermals out and be ready.

http://news.sky.com/story/1036684/snow-warning-as-met-office-issues-alert

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Jan 2013 20:09

I hope we get a little bit I wonna wear me new hat...... ;-) :-D :-D

GinN

GinN Report 11 Jan 2013 20:19

Yes, Kay, I've got a new furry hat and tippet - definitely need a bit of snow to appreciate them.Just a bit, mind you, we want to still get about! :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Jan 2013 20:28

It has matching scarf ,,,,,,,,,so Elizabeth Taylor and Russian looking ,,,,,,its crying out for snow,,,,,,,,plus people will have their heads in their necks and wont notice me....... :-D :-D,

mind I can always pull it over me face...... ;-) :-D

GinN

GinN Report 11 Jan 2013 20:31

Did we go to the same shop,Kay? We will look just like Julie Christie in " Doctor Zivago! :-D ;-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Jan 2013 22:11

maybe GiN,,,,,,,,, :-D :-D..

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Jan 2013 23:52

My sister bought me some crampons last year - I may be able to use them this year :-D

However, when we DO have snow, I can usually walk in on the first day - declared a 'snow day' at work - so those that don't get in get a free day off.
On the second day, when the snow has frozen on the pavements making them lethal - and I live on a hill. Main roads have been re-gritted, cars can get in, but no buses run round my way if it's slightly 'iffy',
Do get recompense for going in on a 'snow day' and allowed an 'ice day'? NO. I have to use a day's leave :-|

Guess who won't bother going in to work on a 'snow day' this year?