General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Snow Warning,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 11 Jan 2013 19:55

As Met Office Issues Alert... :-(

Find your thermals out and be ready.

http://news.sky.com/story/1036684/snow-warning-as-met-office-issues-alert

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Jan 2013 20:09

I hope we get a little bit I wonna wear me new hat...... ;-) :-D :-D

GinN

GinN Report 11 Jan 2013 20:19

Yes, Kay, I've got a new furry hat and tippet - definitely need a bit of snow to appreciate them.Just a bit, mind you, we want to still get about! :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Jan 2013 20:28

It has matching scarf ,,,,,,,,,so Elizabeth Taylor and Russian looking ,,,,,,its crying out for snow,,,,,,,,plus people will have their heads in their necks and wont notice me....... :-D :-D,

mind I can always pull it over me face...... ;-) :-D

GinN

GinN Report 11 Jan 2013 20:31

Did we go to the same shop,Kay? We will look just like Julie Christie in " Doctor Zivago! :-D ;-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Jan 2013 22:11

maybe GiN,,,,,,,,, :-D :-D..

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Jan 2013 23:52

My sister bought me some crampons last year - I may be able to use them this year :-D

However, when we DO have snow, I can usually walk in on the first day - declared a 'snow day' at work - so those that don't get in get a free day off.
On the second day, when the snow has frozen on the pavements making them lethal - and I live on a hill. Main roads have been re-gritted, cars can get in, but no buses run round my way if it's slightly 'iffy',
Do get recompense for going in on a 'snow day' and allowed an 'ice day'? NO. I have to use a day's leave :-|

Guess who won't bother going in to work on a 'snow day' this year?