General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adding another husband!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 13 Jan 2013 17:09

I have an ancestor who lost his wife and married again but have just found out that his new wife had previously been married and widowed. I want to add her previous husband but don't know how to do it. Can anyone help please?

Gillian :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2013 17:51

If you click on her do you get the add another spouse option?

Gillian

Gillian Report 13 Jan 2013 18:44

No I don't just get siblings and a few more but not spouse.

Kim Annette

Kim Annette Report 13 Jan 2013 18:53

hhhmmmmm.... i have had that... i managed to add the other husband.. cant remember off the top of my head how... will go back to it and have a play around :-D

Kim Annette

Kim Annette Report 13 Jan 2013 19:00

gillian.. i went back to my relative that has two husbands. clicked on her and then hit the add button and it was allowing me to add another husband... only thing i can think off is maybe close your tree and then reopen it.. or click on other people and go back to her.... bit like when the computer mucks up and we turn it off and then turn it back on,.....

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Jan 2013 19:00

If you get the person on your tree, click on the add bit then it gives you the option to add another spouse etc. Good luck.

mamaoates

mamaoates Report 13 Jan 2013 21:30

i've been able to add three husbands to my grandmother and also the various children who came before and with each marriage. just clicked on her and add spouse then saved then went away from her and back before adding next husband.
i don't know these ancestors seemed to have much more interesting lives !!!!!! not only did she have 14 siblings but she had 3 husbands - two of whom were also married before meeting her :-0
hope you get it sorted

BrianW

BrianW Report 14 Jan 2013 12:27

When life expectancy could be considerably shorter than at present two, three or four partners due to death was relatively common.
My maximum in my tree is four at the moment : Anyone got more?