General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Quote from council website

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Jan 2013 22:17

I wonder if the person who wrote this reliased how it sounds

Public Toilets

Due to the snowy weather, we have closed the public toilets in B******** and L********. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Andy

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend Report 20 Jan 2013 22:26

:-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Jan 2013 22:29

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Jan 2013 22:35

Sounds like "" the convenient convenience""

has been made inconveniently inconvenient?

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 20 Jan 2013 22:39

Sounds about right to me Andy

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 21 Jan 2013 00:59

Because of the weather?

Do they think people don't pee when it gets cold?

:-(

jax

jax Report 21 Jan 2013 05:59

Maybe thats why we should not eat yellow snow :-D

BrianW

BrianW Report 21 Jan 2013 10:49

Before I retired at the end of 2011 I commuted up to London by motorbike for 19 years and before my prostate op. I frequently needed a loo on the hour and a half trip.
The only three public ones which were there when I started the job were at Chipping Ongar, Abridge and Finsbury Park.
The Ongar ones were only open "shop hours" which meant they were closed by the time I was coming home around 7pm.
The Abridge ones were demolished around 12 - 15 years ago.
The Finsbury Park ones were closed about 5 or 6 years ago because it was a meeting place for "gays".
Consequently I had to develop a series of alternatives such as pubs; garages; hedges; other businesses; and other secluded spots.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 21 Jan 2013 17:39

Yes Brian very few left and of those even fewer I would want to use!
A lot of the problems with public toilets have started because they are no longer manned. I can remember most of the larger ones had an attendant, not a job I would have relished myself but a lot of them took real pride in their "establishment"

I do wonder if the savings are worth the cost of damage and people feeling unable to use them because of drug problems, vandalism etc.

Mayfield