General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Prince edwards visit to scotland question?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 22 Jan 2013 13:30

Thanks Stephen i will x

Dawn

Dawn Report 22 Jan 2013 12:41

Yeah i have seen that Kathleen it is the same picture that i have, but the date must be wrong though as my gg grand father retired from that job in 1927.
Sharron will have a look at that site now, thanks.
Dawn

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jan 2013 12:23

I don't know about Scottish records but, if I was looking for that sort of information in England I would be on A2A.

It would have taken a bit of organizing and there will be council minutes somewhere.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Jan 2013 11:28

Don't know if this is the same picture that you have but this site says about 1930 (although I don't know whether Prince Edward was the Prince of Wales then):-

www.scran.ac.uk/000-000-112-664-C

Kath. x

Dawn

Dawn Report 22 Jan 2013 10:19

Hi all
Does anyone know when Prince Edward visited the Selkirk common riding in the scottish borders. I have just received a photo of him at the common riding and my gg grandfather is on the same picture as the Junior Burgh officer, i know my gg grandfather retired from the job in 1927 so it was obviously before that but i cant find any info about it on line.
Any help appreciated.
Dawn