General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This does get to me!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 23 Jan 2013 20:57

Watching Celebrity bake off and one thing that does annoy me is that the women...in this case Julia Bradbury and Kirsty Wark(sp) don't tie their hair back while bending over the food..Julia in particular has her hair hanging almost into her mixture. Little Ellie is lovely though and she looks tidy.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 23 Jan 2013 23:27

Hi Brenda I love watching 'Bake off' and couldn't agree with you more.The hair hanging over the work top and also the eating off fingers yuk.

Did you see Warwick Davis? he's so funny what a great sense of humour :-D

When accidents happen.....things sliding off the baking trays onto the floor etc.etc. I jump as if they were mine lolol and try to catch them :-S

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Jan 2013 06:36

I had to stop watching a cook on Aussie TV

He used the same chopping board to cut up salad as the one he used to cut up meat!

He tasted food, using the spoon he stirred it with, then put the spoon back in the food!

He kept a cloth hanging over his shoulder (next to his neck) and used it to wipe any spills off serving plates! He stopped that dirty habit, went on to keep the cloth in his back pocket!!

ewwwwwwww :-(

I might not have a dust-free house, but I am super-fussy in the kitchen.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 24 Jan 2013 22:11

Not sure I enjoyed this programme as much as i usually do.......I know celebs are in it for red nose day but tonight there was even longer hair :-0 Claudia (she's such an attention seeker) had flour in her's,wore long,long sleeves :-S and Ed Byrne wore a suit jacket?

Highlight for me was the winning bee- hive cake complete with tiny bees, and the funniest moment when Paul Hollywood was watching Ed Burns sticking the red icing on top of his cake with his fingers :-0

But I do like 'Bake Off ' :-D just wish BBC would give them hats to wear........

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 24 Jan 2013 23:05

Claudia got on my nerves as well.she even got down on the floor at one point,apron and all as she was on her knees.

Think the right decision was made on the Beehive cake with Martha.
What about the Lemon Merigue.Eds was best and Claudia....well???

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 24 Jan 2013 23:19

A comedy of errors springs to mind Brenda :-S Ed's LMPie did look delicious though