General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Saving Info...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 24 Jan 2013 10:48

When trying to save information on my tree i am unable to click on the save button or see the save button at the bottom of the tree/screen is my tree size on pc too big and needs reducing?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Jan 2013 10:57

You need to click on "Change Zoom Level" (Bottom right hand corner) to reduce the size everytime you want to save something.

A pain in the you know what!!!

:-)

Mark

Mark Report 24 Jan 2013 11:00

Cant see that sorry

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Jan 2013 11:07

In the bottom right hand corner..........there is a magnifying glass and next to it 125%

Click on that.

Prickles.

Mark

Mark Report 24 Jan 2013 11:10

That is my problem tho i cannot get to the bottom and i cannot see a magnifying glass.. The lowest point i can get to is Source,,

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Jan 2013 11:14

Ok........try this.

At the top (Right) it says......Page.........Safety............Tools

Click on "Page" ......click on Zoom and then Zoom Out.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 24 Jan 2013 12:01

Sounds like Prickly is referring to the Status bar at the bottom of the page.
Mark you might want to activate this, it is a pretty handy thing to have.

Left click on "View" >>> in dropdown menu Left click "Toolbars" >>> then put a tick in "Status bar" box. (Left click in box)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Jan 2013 12:02

Or a short cut method

Press and hold the Ctrl button on your key board. At the same time, tap the - (minus) key until the size on the page reduces.

You can enlarge the print etc again to your prefered level by holding the Ctrl button and tapping the + (plus) key.

Janet

Janet Report 24 Jan 2013 12:05

I've tried various ways to deal with the family tree and I think DetEctive's way is the best as it appears to be the easiest and quickest-j

Thelma

Thelma Report 24 Jan 2013 12:12

I find there is no need to play with zoom if I use Firefox or Chrome.
I always adjust zoom by holding down CONTROL and turning scroll wheel.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Jan 2013 12:22

Hadn't realised you could use the Ctrl and the scroll wheel. Thanks for that Thelma :-) :-)