General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what was your first car?

Page 2 + 1 of 3

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 24 Jan 2013 22:11

Learnt to drive in the family Ford Popular. It was the low-line one, three forward gears with no synchromesh between first and second gear. Had to double declutch when changing down.

My first car was a mini-van, cost me fifty pounds. Great car but did have a few problems. Then I traded it in on a clapped out Hillman Imp, also a great little car.

McB

McB Report 24 Jan 2013 22:05

Rover P5, the same one that the queen had/has.

Andrew

Andrew Report 24 Jan 2013 21:58

Learnt to drive in my mums Fiat 500 -the original model. Painfully slow. Would be worth a fortune now.

My first car was a 1963 Triumph Herald 12/50. Was still at school. Surprising how many friends you had when it was raining at home time.

Andy

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 24 Jan 2013 21:52

Blue Ford Anglia 1100 1963 bought in 1972 for £85

Happy days driving to Cornwall for camping holidays with the family :-D and everything onboard but the kitchen sink ;-) :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jan 2013 21:34

first car we had was a 1935 Morris 8 which cost £35 TG9044

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 Jan 2013 21:27

Ford Anglia 1200cc 1963

Bought it in 1972

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 24 Jan 2013 21:24

First car was a 2 litre1938 MG saloon bought in 1957 for £32 at auction.
Walnut and chrome fascia .I lined the roof with red velvet.It had tappets that we had to measure to see if they were so many thous apart.Had a lot of fun and quite a few problems.
Wish I had it now ..would be worth something...but I still have the mascot which we found was a Rolls Royce one...didn't know at time...the Spirit of Ecstasy....which is worth a bit,.We took it off when we found out what it was as the car was left outside.
I found a picture of it on the net.

jax

jax Report 24 Jan 2013 21:22

The first car I bought, but boyfriend drove it as I had'nt passed my test....was also a mini clubman estate in blue sliding windows and long gear stick. First car I bought for me was a Hillman Imp, loved that little car had it resprayed black to make it look sporty :-D

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 24 Jan 2013 21:10

Used to drive mums when I first passed that was a Talbot Horizon but first car I bought was a Mini Clubman estate in blue.

WHat was yours?

d xx