General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WDYTYA... February

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 26 Jan 2013 21:48

Just wondering......
is anyone planning on going to WDYTYA in February??

Karen

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jan 2013 09:30

Not this year - Last year La Gooner was fortunate enough to be given 2 tickets by Ron the Printer so we went together. It was a great day out and so easy to spend lots of money if you were so inclined!

Last year Ancestry were offering a 25% if you wanted to sign up or renew (and a free calico shopping bag). The discount would have covered the cost of the ticket if you took up their offer.

If anyone is going, take a packed lunch to save money. Enjoy the day, and hopefully get lots of tips. We'll be back next year ;-)

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 27 Jan 2013 15:01

I haven't been for a few years, but decided to go this year as i will be in the UK. Yes, I agree, very easy to spend lots of money, but such a great Show :-)

Doesn't look like many GR folk are going :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 27 Jan 2013 16:33

I second what DET said. We had a great day and some of the parish CD's I got have proved very helpful in my research. I too could have spent a fortune given a chance.

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 18 Feb 2013 22:00

nudging,

Anyone going on Saturday??

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 18 Feb 2013 22:31

I was going to go Saturday Karen, but had something else on, which has since be cancelled :-( There is a very slight possibility, I will go, but doubt it. Are you going with Sue?

One day we will meet :-D

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 18 Feb 2013 22:36

I'm going with Sue, yes :-D Hope to see you if you go.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 18 Feb 2013 22:43

Watch her won't you Karen, she likes a drink does Sue, often had to carry her to the station when we all meet up :-D :-D :-D :-D

Will let you know if I do go :-D

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 18 Feb 2013 22:45

Who are you calling a lush, Lynda!! I'll have you know that my hip flask contains only orange juice,lol. :-)

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 18 Feb 2013 22:48

Oh blimey, didn't know you were about Sue :-D :-D

It's what you add to the orange juice that's the problem Sue, you really must cut back on the vodka :-D

Haven't seen you for ages, we must have a get together with the rough lot soon eh?

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 18 Feb 2013 22:52

That would be good. Hope you are keeping well, I follow your adventures with the two other Musketeers. See that M is nearer to drawing her old age pension then, lol ;-)

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 18 Feb 2013 22:59

She's looking much older than me now Sue :-0 and well him, say no more ;-)

Once the weather gets better we'll have a meet up with all the others, always have a great time meeting up with you all:-D