General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

One to think about!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 27 Jan 2013 10:49

This is on FB
EVERY driver should see this, especially teenagers. It is very graphic and is recommended for 18 and older but if they wait till 18 to see it, they may not reach 18.
PARENTS: Watch this by yourself first then WITH your kids. Explain to them that if they HAVE TO phone or text, pull over and stop in a SAFE location first, THEN use the phone. It may just save a life or more.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=136092496551988&set=vb.388071227942020&type=2&theater

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Jan 2013 11:07

Brilliant but terrifying.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 27 Jan 2013 11:20

My friends 17 year old son has just passed his driving test so i will pass this on to her.

And yes...........definitely one for adults too!!!

Brrrr!!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Jan 2013 11:41

Unfortunately it is not just air-headed teenagers you see texting whilst driving.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Jan 2013 11:57

Every time we get on the highway we see some idiots using mobile 'phones, doing 100kmh!

I'll pass that video on to many people.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 27 Jan 2013 12:23

Why do you need the phone on when driving anyway. Nothing is that important.

If waiting for a call, pull off every 20 mins or so, switch phone on an check missed calls.

Gawd, we managed perfectly well before mobiles!!!!!

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 27 Jan 2013 12:24

I just thought this might be good shared with other people, If it saves just one life then it was worth them doing it, if it saves more so much the better. I think it was done brilliantly with a good balance of reality while getting the message across to people.

Janet

Janet Report 27 Jan 2013 13:10

I wish they would go one step further with these videos and have the means to send the details through to the emergency services so that their Controls would know exactly what the situation was and how many vehicles to send instead of relying on a shocked member of the public ringing though the details.
With all this technology it should be easy. -jl

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jan 2013 13:12

Horrific but worth watching, I have forwarded it to my adult grandchildren.

Merlin

Merlin Report 27 Jan 2013 13:31

You would think that with all the modern day Technology they could insert something into the Chip to stop the phone working when the engine of a car is running,after all most cars now have similar chips in them to make them work.**M**.

Janet

Janet Report 27 Jan 2013 15:24

Suppose the only downside would be that passengers would complain. -j

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 28 Jan 2013 10:32

The government have put a total ban on smoking in all public area's so why not put a total ban on all use of a phone on all roads? Emergency Service not included. At least that way if a person needed to make a phone call they just pull over get out the car stand on the pavement safely & make the phone call. No life is at risk.

Merlin

Merlin Report 28 Jan 2013 14:11

Very true BK. However if they can insert a "Chip " to limit the speed of vehicles surely they could add to it to disable mobile phones in cars.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 28 Jan 2013 15:25

Would be a bit wary of accessing this clip. On another thread there is a warning about a virus call XSS (quite a common one) and I got hit after I looked at this clip on FB

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 28 Jan 2013 15:27

I am going to cause a rumpus here , but have decided to report this thread as I am concerned that it contains a virus.

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Jan 2013 15:30

Mention of that XSS thingy before now PP...someone suggested it was down to an advert on here? I think?I didn't pay much attention.

Edit it was mentioned by Errol

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1318455

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 28 Jan 2013 15:41

Yeah Errol helped me out yesterday evening. But I do not understand how just an ad could do this

But can understand accessing a 'link' could

Hope that it is not this and am not blaming Black Knight, but it could have been hidden in the FB page.

Still I hope that the Tech Team (Phil) can check this out. :-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 28 Jan 2013 15:54

I have yet to pick up any virus as my settings are high and software is updated very 24 hours automatically.

I would have liked to have seen the OP perhaps with PP's warning in a separate post.

It's up to each individual to ensure their pc/lappy.ipad/phone is protected.

Now I am denied the opprtunity to see the link.

Sue

Edit: Also if the RR is upheld it may affect BK's membership as he'll have a black mark!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jan 2013 16:05

I accessed the clip and didn't get a virus.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Jan 2013 16:32

Why RR it ? ,why not just message BK with any concerns it would have been far more fairer than a report.