General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brian Cox seems like a nice young man...but

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jan 2013 22:06

I do wish he hadn't said the most interesting things just when I should have been taking the milk saucepan off the oven :-|

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 27 Jan 2013 22:08

Things can only get better lol
Think about it lol

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Jan 2013 22:08

Ooh nothing worse than the smell of burning milk.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 27 Jan 2013 22:10

It (and he) was totally rivetting, wasn't it Rose? What's a burnt saucpan;an when you get to learn the secrets of the Universe and all about protons and stuff! :-D <3

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 27 Jan 2013 22:11

how did he become a television scientist? after his past?

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jan 2013 22:13

It's an evening of smells here (lol laughing otherwise I'd scream), Asda order was delivered very late (9 ish) and when we carried the shopping in from the van in the dark both of us stepped in dog mess 'thoughtfully' placed close to the house :-|

I think I shall pretend today never happened ;-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 27 Jan 2013 22:31

After spending over 6 frustrating hours.......(you know where Rose.... ;-)

You have just made me laugh!!

Thankyou.

:-D :-D

McB

McB Report 27 Jan 2013 22:33

So tesco do horse burgers are you sure that wasn't an asda dog burger lol

Kay????

Kay???? Report 27 Jan 2013 22:47

Rose .wasnt it worth it just to have such education from a dream.....,,,,,, :-D :-D,

Errol,

Brian Cox is a Proffessor at Manchester Uni,,,,,has an OBE,,,,,he is a physicist ,he qualifies to be a BBC scientist.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 27 Jan 2013 22:50

but Kay he was also a pop star
Of course, I am not suggesting that people on television purely train for that - I am sure all TV chefs are genuine chefs and never went to stage school for example

Kay????

Kay???? Report 27 Jan 2013 22:57

he gave up the pop world years ago as he found his vocation.....

He didnt train to be a television scientist,,,,,,,,BBC sought him out a couple years ago because of his brilliant mind,

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 27 Jan 2013 23:02

of course Kay - I totally agree!

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jan 2013 23:24

I do hope some of you ladies are concentrating on Mr Cox's mind ;-) I may ask questions you know! just to make sure you were paying attention to the physics rather than the physical ;-)

( nice hands I thought........)

:-D

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 27 Jan 2013 23:39

I thought you meant Brian Cox the actor Rose. As when reading book of the moment 'Wolf Hall' I picture in my mind actor Brian as 'my' Thomas Cromwell.

Didn't watch the programme,was watching recording of 'Africa Cape,'......very good :-D

Mau xx

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Jan 2013 07:04

I think he's great. He explains things in a way a non-scientist (me) can understand.

He's also very witty, I love it when he's on QI. A very dry sense of humour.

I have a weakness for physicists - I married one.

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Feb 2013 21:37

Anyone else feel he shouldn't have been sitting QUITE so close to that crocodile? lol I was holding my breath...could have been a very short series!

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 3 Feb 2013 22:17

Saw a piccie of him in his pop star days.

Cor, blimey what a good looking bloke he was! Still is of course. But that long flowing hair, and the ear-ring!

Made me come over all un-necessary!

:-)

Fanning meself with a wet lettuce leaf! lol

BrianW

BrianW Report 3 Feb 2013 23:07

Just finished watching his programme on quantum physics.
Fascinating.