General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bewildered!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 29 Jan 2013 20:12

My OH says he will not buy a bag of sugar because it is too expensive( I take sugar he does not).However, today he has gone out and bought the Dog a car because the one we had was 2 door and the dog needs a hatchback.Jay has been with us a month (a rescue springer). I have been married to OH for 54 years, I don't get treats the dog does? :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Jan 2013 20:55

Ah - but surely OH's argument would be:
'We could only afford to buy the dog a car because of the money we saved by not buying sugar'!!

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 29 Jan 2013 21:00

LIke it. :-D ;-)

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 29 Jan 2013 21:01

Mi mum and dads wedding photo married 1935 :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 29 Jan 2013 21:34

I will bet the dog does not take sugar. ;-)

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 29 Jan 2013 21:56

No it costs too much at the vets. My grandaughter has just put up that the poor dog will need a booster seat, must ask him if he's bought him one. :-D :-D :-D

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 29 Jan 2013 22:40

Reminds me of one year just a few days before Christmas, I bought a new dog basket and spotted OH headed off to the shed with it. I yelled I needed it in the house and reply I got 'well that will spoil Sam's surprise for Christmas'.

I rest my case.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Jan 2013 00:43

:-D :-D :-D Chris

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Jan 2013 08:09

Not another car Elaine!! Poor you, hope you got yourself some sugar.

My o.h. is like, that moans if I have the gas fire on too high but wastes money on his sneaky ciders and almost always drives out specially to put petrol in the car instead of doing when he is out and about. Also drives round the houses to get anywhere and often gets lost, even in his home city so wastes more petrol. Men! Grrr!

Are you feeling a bit better now?

Lizxx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 30 Jan 2013 16:13

I know my place - it has always been behind whichever dog we had. When g.children came, they moved ahead of me but I think they may have tied with the dog!

Same dog as earlier - Sam. OH was heading for bed, I came out of kitchen, through d.room not switching light on as hall light was shining through. OH switched off hall light as he went upstairs and I fell over jet black Sam who had decided to lay at the door. I went down like a ton of bricks on to the varnished floor (missing the softer carpet) and dropping teacup and saucer. Oh was there in a flash , 'ah darling are you OK, did you get burned with the tea, let me see, you did give me a fright'.

That's right it was that dammed jet black Newfoundland dog we had - weighed about 7 1/2 stone he was talking to! Me - well I was in agony with my kneecaps and was told I should have looked where I was going.

I was ready to do time for both of them!!!!!

:-D :-D :-D

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 30 Jan 2013 20:05

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one relegated to below the dog. Mind you I think more of the dogs than oh, you know where you are with them. Purple we now have 6 cars, I always use the bus. My oh is the same about petrol always has to fill up at the last moment making us late for the vets (thats the only time I ride in the car). Oh always gets lost even locally complains about the price of petrol and then wastes it. Tel me men are normal. :-D :-D :-D