General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

'Request to View Your Tree'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jax

jax Report 31 Jan 2013 16:34

Well.....I only know that when I changed the subject line, it also changed in my sent messages.

If you are saying it did NOT change, I would contact support if I were you

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 31 Jan 2013 15:42

Oh don't say that PP
I answered you because I am learning about this site everyday and I was genuinly interested in what happens.
I don't mind admitting I am a bit of a "L" about the WWW so pick up points wherever I can
:-) :-) :-)

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 31 Jan 2013 15:24

I can assure you that I did in fact I made sure I had so that the person I was sending to would not get that god awful message in the title - I now wonder if it is anything to do with the fact that I do not have a tree?

That all aside I think I shall not bother contacting anyone on here in future, especially as the chances of a reply now seem to be almost zero! :-)

jax

jax Report 31 Jan 2013 15:19

As I do not send messages to people I dont know, I have just sent one to my dad knowing full well he will never see it anyway...as he changed his email address.

I changed the subject line to "Testing" and the title in my sent messages is "Testing"

So I suspect you did not change the subject line then?

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 31 Jan 2013 15:01

Yes I did all that - deleted the subject line and all the content

But in my 'sent' box it still appears as a request to view that persons tree

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 30 Jan 2013 15:22

Thankyou :-)

jax

jax Report 30 Jan 2013 15:19

That's my understanding aswell

Estelle said that message should not be there and she would see that it is removed....that was a couple of weeks ago, maybe one day then :-)

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 30 Jan 2013 15:01

Yes jax I always do. Delete everything and put my own stuff on and thats what they get. Yeh????

jax

jax Report 30 Jan 2013 14:54

You can change the subject line aswell

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 30 Jan 2013 14:48

Hello PP
I have just sent a message too and deleted " request etc" and put in my own info.
What you're saying is ,they will just receive the request not my personal info
confused .com :-S :-S

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 30 Jan 2013 14:33

I have just contacted someone for some information (I do not have a tree on here) and although I used the search facility and when I wanted to contact this person I removed the informal request and supplied useful information, this will still come up on her messages as a request to view her tree. So the chances of her opening her message are slim.

Grrrr :-|