General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who’s moved it?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 31 Jan 2013 18:43

I had thought that Mr Nobody moved out for good when our children did, but no, he is back.
I went out to get something from the chest freezer in the garage, tried to turn on the light, (the one on the freezer lid having died many years ago) and waited as it has been slow in starting up...nothing!
Went indoors to get my large lantern torch which is always kept in the same place in case of blackouts... not there!
Only 2 people have been in the house since I checked it worked before the threatened bad weather 2 weeks ago. Asked OH where it was & was told he had not moved it, I know I haven’t, so he is definitely back!
I have just had to delve into the cavernous icy depths by the light of a small wind up torch I keep in my handbag.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 31 Jan 2013 18:47

WELL
IT
WASNA
ME

for a change

Wend

Wend Report 31 Jan 2013 18:49

We have a Mr. Nobody in our house Carol, who appears when we least expect him. We call him The Gremlin.

Hope you haven't fallen in the freezer :-0

Give us a shout if you have :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 31 Jan 2013 18:49

That just reminded me of a funny incident a few years ago.
I was bar manager at a country pub and late one night/early morning the security system picked up that there were trespassers.
The joint owner (who is a bit of a prat so I don't mind it when he makes a fool of himself) gave chase.
Unfortunately all he had to hand was a wind up torch.
He gave chase shouting stop right there.
But had to stop every few paces to wind up the torch again.
They got away.

Oi stop I want a word with you...sound of running feet...I won't tell you again...pause in running feet...whirr whirr whirr...running feet...I am warning you...pause...whirr whirr whirr...oh bugger where have they gone?

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 31 Jan 2013 19:56

ERROL
THATS SO FUNNY

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 31 Jan 2013 21:32

:-D Errol

Know where torch is now, OH has just remembered. :-|

The other night he let Molly Dog out, she was gone for rather a long time & as she is 14, totally deaf & getting a wee bit frail, he was concerned so shone the torch down the garden to make sure she was ok. Having seen that she was still mooching around having a sniff for cats etc, he decided to go into the garage for something he wanted for the next morning.
The torch in in the garage :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Jan 2013 22:09

I see that your oh suffers from the same problem as mine Carol.

'I definitely didn't do it (have it)'. A while later. 'Oh I know, I just remembered.........'

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Feb 2013 00:19

LOL I have inhalers all over the house and in the car.......what happens? when I need one, none to be found.........but usually find a gaggle of em all in one place........often where the laptop is......

Bob