General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Boring chat board tonight - here's some fun

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Jan 2013 22:17

A nice, calm and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked
up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, "I'd like
to buy some cyanide."
The pharmacist asked, "Why in the world do you need cyanide?"
The lady replied, "I need it to poison my husband."
The pharmacist's eyes got big and he explained, "Lord have mercy!
I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband, that's against the law?
I'll lose my license!
They'll throw both of us in jail! All kinds of bad things will
happen. Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide!"
The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her
husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife. The pharmacist looked at the
picture and said,
"You didn't tell me you had a prescription."

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 31 Jan 2013 22:19

:-D :-D

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 31 Jan 2013 22:28

:-) :-)

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 31 Jan 2013 22:29

Love it!!! :-D :-D

Island

Island Report 31 Jan 2013 22:32

Boring??? *Gasps* :-0 :-0

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 31 Jan 2013 22:33

:-D :-D

Wend

Wend Report 31 Jan 2013 22:34

I thought that Island. We do try don't we? :-(

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 31 Jan 2013 23:01

:-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Jan 2013 23:26

try? very trying indeed!!!! :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Feb 2013 00:42

Murdering somebody by cyanide poisoning is a very horrible act and should not be treated with any levity.

Yes, the boards are really boring and have been for some time :-(

But why can't we just debate something without the usual scoring points, sending hurtful and hateful notes and being patronising and using "lol" in a sarcastic way.

We have bedroom tax, how we welcome these new immigrants next year, the referendum in 2017 about Europe, 6 nations rugby, football transfers, ambulance call-out delays, dealing with nuclear waste........

And lets have some funny threads too. Where has Hayley gone?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 01:04

and why don't you shove off somewhere else - no one asked you to read it, go and play on a thread of your own and take your sanctimonious preaching with you

and you manage to be patronising on every thread to which you contribute - you even had the temerity to try and teach us long time members how not to put so much private info on these boards

and for the record I have never ever used "lol" on any thread in all the years I've been on the boards - check if you like

and of course, we all think it's absolutely hysterical to murder someone with cyanide

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Feb 2013 01:18

A nice, calm and respectable lady went into .....

Hmmmm ;-)

My paragraph about points scoring etc was not aimed at you specifically. I just think it gets silly when anybody (not me) says something and gets attacked. Without any attempt to see any merit in the points being made. I have no idea what is meant by my being "patronising". I don't feel superior at all. I feel different and have my own individual experience of life. But so does everybody else.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 01:20

you ruffle feathers and put people's backs up on every thread you contribute to and have managed to do so since you arrived on the Chat board

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Feb 2013 01:24

And is that therefore a bad thing?

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Feb 2013 01:26

John - wake up and smell the "cocoa" - it was a joke thread and should be taken as such.
From your comments you obviously think it was a true story but you can sleep easy now you are reassured that it was purely a joke

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 01:27

upsetting people is a very bad thing but would not expect you to understand that - everywhere you post there is dissent - I see you've even gone back to the Wales thread

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 1 Feb 2013 01:38

Ann....Short term only !!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 01:38

patronize, patronise /'pætr??na?z/
vb
1.to behave or treat in a condescending way

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Feb 2013 01:40

I hate upsetting anyone. That has never been my motive for contributing to these boards.

No, I didn't laugh at OP. Not my sort of humour at all. Surely I have a right not to put :-D :-D

But I do agree with AnnC that the boards have been boring - and I tried to suggest ways they could be less boring. Just an opinion - not meant to sound patronising in any way. I was trying to smell the coffee or cocoa.

AnnC I have only gone on Welsh thread because I know the origin of the Welsh name for Leeswood. Have done quite a bit of research around those lead and coal mining villages between Mold and Wrexham and I hoped my explanation of Coed-llai would help. Absolutely no purpose in my post other than that, I promise.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Feb 2013 02:04

so if you did not find the joke amusing why add to the thread in the first place?
If it is not your cup of cocoa then add to a different thread - or is it part of your plan of "grooming" people?