General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Boring chat board tonight - here's some fun

Page 1 + 1 of 6

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Feb 2013 04:07

who attacked whom??

:-P

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Feb 2013 08:50

It is part of my plan to contribute, Errol. Just like you contributed to my rugby thread to say I didn't know what I was talking about - even though I never have said I knew much about rugby.

I usually laugh at humour. And often I get upset when somebody reports a funny thread because it is near the knuckle.

But this "joke" just didn't seem to be funny. I wanted to have a chuckle, but I condescendingly read it and and grimaced. And I ventured forth my opinion.

As I trust you feel free to do if I post something that you find boring, innacurate or unfunny. :-)

Island

Island Report 1 Feb 2013 09:38

Oh dear. did Stephen change his mind? :-S

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Feb 2013 09:46

Doubt many saw Stephen's post. But it was rather informative about cyanide properties. Just hope Stephen isn't a confectioner ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 09:50

"I only went on the Wales thread because I new the meaning of the word" - but then you know everything dolt you but you can't seem to get it through your head that fellow members do not appear to like you in any which way - if there are any perhaps they'd like to come on here and defend your uptake on this thread - not holding my breath, but you never know - and aren't you due in work - they'll never manage to cope without you

and you "condescendingly" read this thread :-D :-D :-D :-D

how very kind of you

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 10:05

John came on here for the sole purpose of winding people up and starting an argument and he succeeded - nothing new there then is there most people, if they see a thread they don't like they either ignore it or just put an emoticon to signify their dislike, but not you - you have to launch off into another dose of your verbal diarrhoea

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Feb 2013 10:07

I just copied & pasted the joke to an email.

I sent it to at least 10 of my friends & family who will all laugh at it...... because they have a sense of humour!!!!!

I feel sorry for those people who have no sense of humour :-\

Stephen2009

Stephen2009 Report 1 Feb 2013 10:07

Where there's a will , there's a way.

Reminds me of a Regimental Motto........

''Not by Strength - By Guile''

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Feb 2013 10:07

ROF..................urgggghhhhhhhhhhhh :-0 :-0 :-0:-( :-( :-( :-(

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 1 Feb 2013 10:13

Well I thought it was funny :-D

Wend

Wend Report 1 Feb 2013 10:15

Evening SueM - I think most of us did ;-) :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 1 Feb 2013 10:18

~~~~~~~to Wend :-)

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 1 Feb 2013 10:27

I see it was Anns turn to be picked on by John last night .

Island

Island Report 1 Feb 2013 10:40

Stephen, I thought it was nice to see the thread rescued with a touch of humour! LOL

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 10:44

and Errol as well Sylv :-D :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Feb 2013 10:54

I'm a big boy - I can live with it.
Off to town later to buy some marzipan which I shall fashion into the shape of the Six Nations trophy

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 1 Feb 2013 10:57

Yes Errol .. John lacks female company at home so spends his life on here .. must of thought that it would be a load of old biddies doing their family history that he could run rings round ... backfired big time , lot of strong very clever ladies on this site .

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 1 Feb 2013 10:59

and chaps

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 1 Feb 2013 11:01

Yes Errol and chaps ... :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Feb 2013 11:02

:-D :-D :-D :-D