General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rugby thread

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 13:28

For real rugby fans. Lets talk real rugby with the first game just minutes away should O'Driscoll be captain? Whos gunna call it and give a prediction?

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 13:49

try for Zebo conversion Sexton Ireland up 0-7
penalty Sexton 0-10
try for Zebo conversion Sexton 0-17
penalty Sexton 0-20
Halfpenny penalty 3-20
penalty Sexton 3-23
Half time Wales 3 - Ireland 23

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 2 Feb 2013 14:06

How nice to see you Mel
Just sitting here looking at the game on the TV myself. I can see the score.

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 14:07

nice to see yu too
others not watching the game so Im posting the scores x

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 2 Feb 2013 14:11

I think if it's not on the TV they will have it on the radio or they maybe in the pub or maybe on the computer even.

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 14:12

true but not everyone watches but still like to know the score x

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 2 Feb 2013 14:14

My you're so thoughtful. Been to any meets of late?

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 14:17

nope. tbf the last one was the best but still settling in new area. How are yu both?

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 14:33

Sharp object? hmmm not sure I get your meaning as for an apology again I'm stumped! I'm just here to chat with another of like-minded peopl after making a very hefty subscription fee to access trees etc. I should be entitled to chat to others if I wish. Its took me a while to get things back on track. I just want to get on with catching up with friends on the boards and via contacts - if you still have a problem with me why jump on the only thread I have posted on, surely the sensible thing is to just stay away. I will build bridges with those I feel I need to.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 2 Feb 2013 14:34

As someone who's got Welsh, Irish and English ancestors think I'm on a winner with this game. Next one is different.

Welsh not playing like they did last year.

Mel, Boden's from where?

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 14:44

Hi Pat my Bodens are from Dudley Elizabeth Boden b 1850 in Dudley was my 2 x Great Grandmother. My husband had some going bk to Shropshire in his tree. I can ask him abt them when I spk to him next x

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 14:45

Try O'Driscoll conversion Sexton 3-30
Try Cuthbert conversion Halfpenny 10-30
Try Halfpenny no conversion 15-30

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 2 Feb 2013 14:48

I too will post where I like & to be fair I take you're advice on being sensible as somewhat amusing. I'm not stopping you chatting, I just wanted to ask you a question-shame about your amnesia.
Good luck with the bridge building, trouble is when you burn them it's really difficult to put them back & if you succeed...they're never the same.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 2 Feb 2013 14:54

Had a laugh about your Boden's. It's OH's family but I'm from Walsall and a lot of my paternal side are from nearby in Dudley. One of the Lloyd's married a Vanes.

Hannah Lloyd 1820 - 1877, my gt gt gt aunt married Dennis Vanes 1816 - 1840. They had a son Isaiah born 1840. :-)

Edit OH's Bodens from London

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 15:00

Pat I lived in Walsall a long time I was born in Dudley I now live in the East
Was Dennis Vanes parents William and Margaret?

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 2 Feb 2013 15:04

" now I have met you I know I have nothing to be scared about any more,"

" not someone who beats you when you are down "

what exactly are you inferring? Or do you have me confused with the people you said were blackmailing you?

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 2 Feb 2013 15:13

Yes they were his parents. I found the wedding of Hannah and Dennis on Family Search naming his parents.

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 2 Feb 2013 15:14

He said that...as he left the computer. He may be many things but confused isn't one of them.

I reported your post...what a load of piffle.

Welcome back Mel.

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Feb 2013 15:15

Ha then you may have a connection to my late uncle x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 2 Feb 2013 15:19

Adult Christening183719 FebAge: 20 St Thomas's Church Dudley parents: William Vanes,? Margaret name: Dennis Vanes gender: Male baptism/christening date: 19 Feb 1837 baptism/christening place: St. Thomas, Dudley, Worcester, England birth date: 13 Mar 1816 father's name:

Marriage183931 MarAge: 23Worcestershire parents: William Vanes spouse: Hannah Lloyd groom's name: Dennis Vanes groom's birthplace: Of Pensnett bride's name: Hannah Lloyd bride's birthplace: Of Pensnett marriage date: 31 Mar 1839 Kingswinford

from Family Search