General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Swear words and rude words.

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 4 Feb 2013 19:55

Would just like to say in light of my joke being deleted and that there wasn't a rude word in it. Try this.

Put a rude word in the "Search all Trees" you'll be amazed at what come up.

If that's not breaking T & C's i don't know what is.

If you're stuck for rude words i'm sure someone can help you...... ;-)

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 4 Feb 2013 20:04

I really do find it amusing what some people find offensive

Some folk are just too sensitive and take offense of behalf of others!!!

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 4 Feb 2013 20:05

I am trying to hold back a few, on your thread that was Mr M
and I'm a good girl I am.

:-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 4 Feb 2013 20:07

Ive heard you're a good girl Barb.............but when you're bad you''re even better ..... ;-) ;-) :-D

Wend

Wend Report 4 Feb 2013 20:09

Lots of members sitting on their hands to-day methinks Barb ;-)

One way or t'other :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 4 Feb 2013 20:09

What the ??????

Own up. who did that.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 4 Feb 2013 20:11

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooshed

Do you think they woooooooooooosh the people aswel or just the thread!??

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 4 Feb 2013 20:11

Well what on earth is that all about. Not a swear word or an offensive statement in Magoo's post.

Someone a bit cheesed off tonight???

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 4 Feb 2013 20:12

Now there's a surprise...! :-|

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 4 Feb 2013 20:12

Well well well............who did that ?

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 4 Feb 2013 20:17

Has anyone put words in the search trees ?

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 4 Feb 2013 20:18

At least I saw the OP this time. Nothing I could see wrong with that. I tried to search for two words, but all I got was a lot of old stuff and posters I had never even heard of.

Must be searching on wrong words. Since I have been posting, have noticed a lot of asterisks supposed to be disguising rude words.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 4 Feb 2013 20:22

Put it in the "Search all Trees" John................you must know what i'm getting at ?

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 4 Feb 2013 20:45

some body needs to get out more :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 4 Feb 2013 21:19

Again??!!!!!

:-P

Somebody needs to get a life

:-P

Annina

Annina Report 5 Feb 2013 13:33

Me thinks that some peeps are a little too Methodist for these boards.

Try googling my name and see what comes up,that shocked me, and I am sure my mother never knew. :-S :-S :-S

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 5 Feb 2013 13:44

Mr Magoo

I have just put a few norty words in (as I only know a few ) and I am absouely gobsmacked.
I suppose GR haven't deleted them incase some are for real ????

So glad I dont have any like that in my tree LOL

:-D :-D

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 5 Feb 2013 14:10

IMHO that joke was perfectly fine, I have seen a lot worse on here. GR should put the posting back at the top of this thread As Soon As Poss, & start doing things as they should be done & not half assed, like not reading things before pulling the plug on what members post on here just because some sad person without a life likes to use the RR button.
GR please remember we are the members you get your money from & without us there would be no GR so please sort this RR person out once & for all.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 5 Feb 2013 15:08

I assume the RRer/s never reads modern classics or watches TV or goes to the cinema or theatre.

One of the books I read in school was Ulysses. I was about 14/15. Our school library didn't remove anything from the shelves as far as I know.

Personally I do not ever swear badly, and even though I get irritated by the constant use of the F word on TV I have to shut that part of my brain off or else I would miss out so much.

People who RR posts on GR wish to moderate on our behalf, why? If I saw really awful swearing I would RR it and say so. However, the jokes that have been reported lately are just silly ones using common terms which are used on TV before the watershed.

*disgusted in Wales*

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 5 Feb 2013 16:11

Just done that MR M with the worst four letter word i no and i cant believe what results it gave me :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

It's a wonder GR have not removed those members:-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

Roy