General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SECOND HELPINGS? - SNOW

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 5 Feb 2013 08:43

We appear to be having second helpings of the snow. Bakewell, of the puddings and tarts, oops can I say that word, seem to be having it bad this morning, and we have had some flakes settle on the Summerhouse roof. We are about 25 miles away, but still in the foot hills of the Penines. I had tentativly packed away my 'coldest weather' garments, and on seeing a few sunny days, planning to start 'looking' at the garden, with view to making a start at the end of this month.
Dear Auntie Marj, am I thinking of doing this too soon ????LOLOL

Julia in a Snowy Derbyshire

Wend

Wend Report 5 Feb 2013 08:49

Good morning Julia. Blue sky and sunshine down my way - might have a little venture out on my patch later.

Keep warm :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 5 Feb 2013 08:54

yes we got up to snow to

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 5 Feb 2013 09:21

Snow here as well..
Was hoping to go shopping later but looks pretty bad .

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 5 Feb 2013 09:26

Blue sky and sunshine here too in N Wales. Thank goodness,got to go out!

Island

Island Report 5 Feb 2013 11:10

Don't mothball your vests and directoires just yet Julia, there's plenty of time for cold snaps still. :-(

We have bright sunshine dahn sarf but, as I haven't ventured out to survey the estate yet, I don't know what the air is like.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 5 Feb 2013 11:13

Morning Julia and all,

We woke up to a covering of snow also and its back
on again now.
Stay warm all.

Emma :-)

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 5 Feb 2013 11:23

Now, Julia it is only February :-|

'Ne'er cast a clout till May be out' (Never been sure whether that is the shrub or the month)

Stay warm & safe you with snow & ice

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 5 Feb 2013 11:50

Yes we've had some snow too and a cold wind enough to bite your face off :-| but walked to hospital and back safely soo wasn't too slippery ....

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 5 Feb 2013 11:51

Following you around Carol ;-) :-D

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 5 Feb 2013 12:07

Haven't got snow here (Birmingham) at the moment, but there are some dark clouds about!

\julia, don't forget to put on your Liberty Bodice ... just the thing for cold weather.

Tess :-)

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 5 Feb 2013 12:43

A Liberty Bodice with rubber buttons which used to get squashed in the mangle???
Liz

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 5 Feb 2013 12:48

This morning in the space of thirty minutes we had glorious sunshine turning to light snow, as I was driving to school becoming heavier. Upon leaving school two half hours later back to sunshine, it is very cold but I can cope with that. I hope you are all OK and weather conditions are being kind to you. :-D

Annina

Annina Report 5 Feb 2013 13:09

Up here in Sheffield we had the wierdest weather last evening,rain followed by hailstones like golfballs, then an almighty flash of lightenening and loud thunder,all in half an hour.

This morning woke up to 6ins of snow and had to get up and clear a path to the caravan so my moggies would go out to toilet underneath. We have since had more snow,filling in where I had cleared.

Don't you just love our English weather? :-D :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 5 Feb 2013 13:10

Well thats a turn up for the books, snow gone as it
rained and blue sky peeping through, now where's
that sun :-D

Emma :-)

Julia

Julia Report 5 Feb 2013 14:47

My 'coldest weather' garments are an ancient Aran long-line waistcoat (must be 20 years old) and a pair of thick, fluffy socks. Both are close to hand if needed.

I wore a Liberty Bodice until I was about 8, so am very familiar with said garment. Also, rubber suspenders I remember.

We are forecasted with similar weather tonight.
Oh goody goody. I think not

Julia in Derbyshire

Julia

Julia Report 5 Feb 2013 14:55

Coming down like half-crowns now.

Hey-ho

Julia in Derbyshire.

GinN

GinN Report 5 Feb 2013 15:46

It's blooming cold here in Norfolk, and a bit of snow expected tonight, plus strong winds. Definitely not what we wanted for Dad's funeral tomorrow! :-(