General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TAKING A LONG TIME "BUT"

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 8 Feb 2013 16:01

CHRIS
I HAVE A FOUR WHEEL WALKER WITH SEAT AND A THREE WHEEL ONE

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 8 Feb 2013 15:58

Dizzi - see if you can get a stroller - one with four wheels and a boxed seat. Very useful. Can use indoors or out. I have only used mine out and when I have got tired have sat on it, lifted feet and OH pushed me!

I just used the zimmer upstairs but the thrill when I could walk to toilet without it from bedroom! Good going.

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 7 Feb 2013 20:25

Brilliant, just pretend you are in training for the London marathon. Start small and work a little more each day. Will look for you on Tv when the time for the marathon comes. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3

GinN

GinN Report 7 Feb 2013 20:11

Well done DIZZi, keep up the progress, but at your own pace, lass!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 7 Feb 2013 19:49

So nice to get such happy news :-D :-D :-D Well done, you.

Not an expert on bras (missed that class in sex education lessons at school). But I prefer front fastening ;-) Incidentally, so does OH.

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 7 Feb 2013 19:46

For any future bra problems - doing them up and then putting them on over feet and up - discovered this when recovering from broken ribs

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 7 Feb 2013 16:05

That's great going Dizzi - really pleased for you. But, like everyone says, don't overdo it; slow and steady will get you there in the end.

PatrickM

PatrickM Report 7 Feb 2013 15:51

Sounds like your doing well Dizz, should also give your confidence a bit of a boost.

Just don't over do it or you could do yourself more harm than good.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 Feb 2013 14:11

That takes a lot of effort walking for an hour.

As already said do not overdo it.

So nice to hear such positive news.

Merlin

Merlin Report 7 Feb 2013 13:38

There, Dizzi speaks the voice of experience, :-D Well done you, but slowly slowly,Take Care.**M**. ;-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Feb 2013 13:29

Onwards and upwards Dizzi and steady as you go.

Good news about the Bra..........at least you wont trip over your boobs now!!

:-D <3 :-D

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 7 Feb 2013 13:15

That's what the bra is for AnnMarieG :-D :-D

Well done Dizzi, slow but sure, take your time, no big steps, little ones will get you there :-D <3

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 7 Feb 2013 12:11

Great news Dizzi, well done!

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring Report 7 Feb 2013 11:11

Hi Dizzi congratulations on both I'm so very pleased for you but as others are saying, one step at a time. Have you tried these new comfort bras with no hooks etc., just put on like a top. I have and find them very comfortable, some even have available soft sponge insert pads in case you need a bit more umph. I have also tried front fastening ones of the ordinary type which are OK.
Good luck in your endeavours, the walking part is marvelous.

<3 <May

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 7 Feb 2013 11:01

Very good news Dizzi...gradual progress is better than trying to overdo it.
Waiting to hear about the next step!!!...but as Ann says rest as well,that's really important.
<3 <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Feb 2013 10:56

billiant news Dizzi - good effort <3 <3 <3 <3

Island

Island Report 7 Feb 2013 10:52

Great news Dizzi :-D :-D <3

Julia

Julia Report 7 Feb 2013 10:37

That's brilliant Dizzi, but please remember, a little at a time.
Congratulations on the Bra problem. LOLOL

Julia in Derbyshire

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Feb 2013 10:31

That is great Dizzi, good progress with both. Bras are so difficult to do up aren't they if you have a problem with your arms/hands. But walking for an hour is good, it will strengthen your muscles. Don't overdo it though, rest a bit today.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 7 Feb 2013 10:31

well done Dizzi, worth all the effort.keep it up. <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D