General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Squiggly bit that spoils it

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2013 12:06

We went out for a pub lunch yesterday, abandoning my poor disabled daddy.

The sweet was a lovely Bakewell tart flavoured cheesecake.It was delicious and subtly flavoured with almond,once I had scraped off the totally unnecessary pink sauce that tasted of synthetic strawberry and that had been flicked over it.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 9 Feb 2013 12:28

Don't tell me they had stuck a mint leaf on the top too, now that would have irritated me...lolol

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2013 12:35

Half a glace cherry.

Wend

Wend Report 9 Feb 2013 12:41

I tried to ring you yesterday Sharron. Might've guessed you were down the pub again.

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2013 12:44

What did you want then?

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 9 Feb 2013 14:31

Wend was probably goig to ask you to save the pink squiggly strawberry stuff off your cheesecake :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2013 14:56

you know Wend's tastes so well.