General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just a reminder......

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 9 Feb 2013 14:38

to be very careful of men on the internet who claim to be happily married , not always the case ..

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Feb 2013 14:42

very timely, Sylvia

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 9 Feb 2013 14:43

I'm never involved enough with men on the internet for their relationships or otherwise to be an issue tbh.

I'll always chat and be friendly as I would in real life..but don't enter into any innuendo or dodgy chat....makes me cringe when I do see it tbh..... I''m not interested in what's genuine or what isn't..unless I see blatant fibs then my b******t alarm goes into overdrive lol x

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 9 Feb 2013 14:44

Shock!!!! Horror!!! Why do you feel you are expert in this subject? I would have thought that whether a married (or unmarried) couple are happy or not is not necessarily any of your business whatsoever.

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 9 Feb 2013 14:44

Yes Muffy , I have seen the blatant fibs , and yes it does make you think there must be an ulterior motive .

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 9 Feb 2013 14:45

*wot Muffy said*

There are some very creepy men floating about in the ether.

And there have been a few on here.

*shudders*

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Feb 2013 14:47

um where did Sylvia say she was an expert?

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 9 Feb 2013 14:50

She didn't. :-0

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 9 Feb 2013 14:50

Beware of men who protest too much :-D :-D :-D

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 9 Feb 2013 14:50

I'd also be very wary of men on the internet who say they are not married (and women too) - it's not always the case.

Merlin

Merlin Report 9 Feb 2013 14:51

Don,t think she did Errol, mind you she could well be on Hobgoblins and Troglodites etc.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 9 Feb 2013 15:00

Indeed, take everything said about personal circumstances with a degree of caution. The genuine people will soon shine through and become either cyber or real life friends.

It's unfortunate that cyber space is sometimes used for less than noble purposes. GR is no different from any other chat site with one exception, we are researchers, so to those trying to deceive beware.

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2013 15:00

The very first time I played Scrabble on Facebook I had a creepy man startasking me strange questions. It didn't help that my first word was something like 'filthy'.which was how the letters came to me,no other reason.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Feb 2013 15:02

PMSL .....@ Sharron :-D

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 9 Feb 2013 15:03

Absolutely Sue so easy to find the real truth ..........Sharron that could only happen to you lol :-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 9 Feb 2013 15:09

If someone says they are happily married on the internet, I am a little bemused how you enter into a very personal relationship and believe the person is lying. It does not really concern me, but unless you live with a gay or straight couple for a long period and know their intimate secrets, how would you know?

And how would it benefit you to know?

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 9 Feb 2013 15:12

I know that folk were shocked when the met me in real life..they were expecting a formula one champion and ex miss world.........can't think why :-S :-D :-D

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Feb 2013 15:12

John have you ever considered studying English as a Second Language?

Judging by many of your posts you may find it quite useful and I can recommend a few websites that may be of help with your understanding and interpretation of other people's comments.

Rambling

Rambling Report 9 Feb 2013 15:13

I've always found it just as important to be wary of men who say they are "unhappily married" ( eg 'My wife doesn't understand me"...she usually does! only too well! ;-) )

My first encounter on the FR site was ' B*****' who asked did I do phone sex...others have been slightly more subtle, but no less persistent.

Just be aware, not everyone is what they seem, but some are EXACTLY what they seem :-D ( and that goes for women too of course...some women who seem very nice are not!)

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Feb 2013 15:15

I dont think anyone was disppointed when they met me 29 yr old Cheryl Cole look alike just got a bit fed up with being asked for me autograph :-(