General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Penguins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GinN

GinN Report 11 Feb 2013 22:04

Just watched a delightful programme about penguins on BBC 1, called "Spy in the Huddle" - really amusing, I love these birds!

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 11 Feb 2013 22:05

Me too....I just loved those Rockhoppers! :-D

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 11 Feb 2013 22:17

just as an illustration, have my avatar!

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 11 Feb 2013 22:18

Awww I'll have to watch that on iplayer. later...I love penguins !!!

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 11 Feb 2013 22:19

Wonderful Elizabeth! I want to adopt one! I just loved when the two females were slapping at each other. :-D :-D

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 11 Feb 2013 22:30

I watched this programme too. However last month I was up close and personal with the rockhoppers and King penquins in the Falklands.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 12 Feb 2013 17:39

Loved the programme :-D .... but sad when seeing the Emperor penguin struggling along on his own through the fierce snow gales looking for rest of the group :-(....he looked just like a tall head waiter ambling home from a heavy shift :-( ...then happy when he found them and snuggled up to keep warm :-D

and ah the little Rockhoppers climbing the cliffs through the huge waves.....'if at first you don't succeed' climb,climb,climb again'

Mau xx :-)

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 12 Feb 2013 18:26

How lucky you were, Jacqueline! Mau, didn't you just loved their spirit! :-) <3 BC XX

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Feb 2013 19:18

I was intreagued by the camguins

how like real penguins they were...........loved the sledgy one!!