General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EGG HEADS ADDLED!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Feb 2013 11:33

1 team member wins £29,000, after all his other members lost out, the last man defeated the Eggheads.to win 29 thousand pounds.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qrt6d/Eggheads_Series_13_Episode_118/

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 12 Feb 2013 11:38

Surely he'll be sharing it with his other team members though?????

Well done him though ! x

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Feb 2013 11:43

Of course they share that is the whole point. It's jsut that sometimes more get through to the final.

It does not happen very often that 1 person beats the Eggheads, but this large win is probably the 2nd time this has happened.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Feb 2013 12:19

it was a brilliant episode of Eggheads - they did so well to win - well the last man standing did the business - it was a joy to watch

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Feb 2013 12:28

you know watching the re-run,I rather fancy that he knew he had it!!

well,he had a good idea anyway,

well done...

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 12 Feb 2013 12:47

We have only watched that programme a few times, OH constantly complains about the smugness.

One of our friends was a contestant a few years ago and they were hammered to a defeat, even though they were all highly qualified individuals.

Well done to the team that won :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Feb 2013 13:11

the smug egghead - CJ - seems to have disappeared :-D

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 12 Feb 2013 13:17

It was time the eggheads were taken down they were getting a wee bit smug :-D

Sue

Sue Report 12 Feb 2013 13:25

Love eggheads, always watch it if i'm around. C J has left the programme, pity i thought he was nice. Quirky but nice. Strange, but i dont see them as smug at all, just love doing what they do. :-)

Sue

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 12 Feb 2013 13:38

I always watch eggheads if I'm around too ,was that a recent individual win of £29K?

CJ has left to following an acting career , he always was a drama queen, I thought he was the only smug one.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Feb 2013 13:50

yesterday the £29,000 was won - you never know how old these progrmmes are though

CJ was so full of himself yet I thought he was the least able of the egghead team - he was only good on tennis questions - apparently he lives in Cardiff - lucky us :-(

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 12 Feb 2013 13:56

I always thought CJ was a bit too full of himself, besides, there's always something odd, I feel, about a man who plucks his eyebrows :-0
That Daphne is a real Miss Smugness.

Anway, I'm really glad someone else has won, that makes a nice change.
Well done them :-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 Feb 2013 14:05

I love Eggheads too. It is first programme I watch every evening - often taped and quite late in evening.

I love Kevin, Judith (one of the funniest and loveliest ladies on the box), Barry with the billiard ball eyes, Dave (so laid back and droll) and Pat (just a mine of information and so humble).

And that lad who won that money last night was a bit of ringer. I looked at his face when the others gave daft answers earlier and I thought - that lad is a bit cleverer than the others.

And so it transpired. Back to £1000 tonight :-( :-( Couldn't the BBC add £5k to the pot each time jackpot is won?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Feb 2013 14:08

yes it was broadcast last night

although the copyright was 2012.............

Bob