General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kevin Webster/Corrie I am shocked!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 15 Feb 2013 00:13

From Sky News

The actor who plays Kevin Webster in Coronation Street has been charged with child sex offences, police have said.

Michael Le Vell, who plays the garage boss in the television soap opera, is accused of 19 sex offences including raping a child, indecently assaulting a child and sexual activity with a child.

Le Vell, 47, whose real name is Michael Turner, will appear in court in two weeks' time, according to Greater Manchester Police.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Feb 2013 00:33

Were there allegations made back in January

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Feb 2013 00:39

I haven't watched Corrie since Ena Sharples died, so he's just another sad old git as far as I can see.
Although, of course, innocent until proven guilty.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 15 Feb 2013 00:43

Allegations were made more than 12 months ago I think. The case was dropped due to lack of evidence.

He brought his two young (as they were then) children to the hotel for Sunday tea. I saw him but didn't disturb him after rollicking my staff for gawping! He was pleasant, quiet and polite! That's more than can be said for a few other entertainers I did talk to.

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 15 Feb 2013 00:50

On the 13th it was reported that he had been cleared of any charges :-S

Depends which news you follow ,things have obviously changed now !

Rather strange reporting on the 13th tho !

Oh do tell Sue.! Apartment on the West Wales coast ,house in the Valleys and now an owned hotel somewhere,(thought that the hotel was a previous 'ownership' not last Sunday)
Or was Sunday tea was when you had the hotel cos these allegations against, him have been going on a while ,if so apologies !:)
If you have a new hotel would love to come if just to see celebs,would be nice to see you again too.

luv
Sandie.xx

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 15 Feb 2013 00:54

I have just been checking on the net.

It seems that he was accused before but charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence (i.e. he was not brought to trial).

He has now been charged again.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 15 Feb 2013 01:45

Sandie, left the Hotel in 2000 when it was sold, I loved my job arranging weddings, conferences and other functions. I was very sad to leave after 9 years :-(

He visited about 13 years ago. Met lots of celebs, Max boyce was the absolute tops. Phil Cool was the absolute pits! Loads of politicians I arranged a weekend conference for Carwyn Jones, his person aide (male) was a right old woman...lolol the security was unbelievable. Too many politicians to mention, although one was caught having the sort of weekend he shouldn't have been enjoying. European royalty, they were lovely!

I'll tell you when I see you :-D :-D

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 15 Feb 2013 09:47

Alison Levitt, QC, principal legal adviser to the Director of Public Prosecutions, had reviewed a file of evidence in relation to allegations of sexual offences and looked again at a decision previously made not to prosecute.

Ms Levitt said: 'I have very carefully reviewed the evidence in this case and I have concluded that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest to charge Michael Robert Turner with a number of sexual offences.

'I have authorised Greater Manchester Police to charge Mr Turner with 19 offences, including rape of a child.

'Mr Turner has now been charged with criminal offences and has a right to a fair trial.

'As proceedings are now active, it would be inappropriate to say anything further at this stage.'

....I hope they look into the reasons why they felt there was insufficient evidence to proceed before AND into who made that decision... !!!!

Wendy

Wendy Report 15 Feb 2013 13:17

just read hes been written out of corrie while investigation is going on.

wendy(lincs)

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Feb 2013 13:35

Not the first in Corrie. Remember Peter adamson.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Feb 2013 13:47

won't be the last either - sadly I'm not shocked

wisechild

wisechild Report 15 Feb 2013 14:46

Unfortunately this type of thing is becoming commonplace.
Makes you wonder how so much of it has been hidden all these years.

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 16 Feb 2013 06:12

One wonders how the parents of the child actors that have appeared in Coronation Street feel, knowing the kind of person their children have been acting alongside all this time

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 16 Feb 2013 09:20

It was reported after I made my comment this morning, perhaps I shouldn't have raised my point.
Maybe we should all just stop breathing, seems we spend all our time holding our breath wondering if something we say will be reported !!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 16 Feb 2013 09:23

So the RR'r thinks he/she has the right to report items that we can find on the news??

How bl**dy ridiculous!!!!!!

:-P

Kay????

Kay???? Report 16 Feb 2013 09:31

pink and fluffy, Sues, pink and fluffy.

make up what you like ,but whats public just aint allowed.

:-P.

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 16 Feb 2013 09:40

This is now getting a bit ridicuous. I couldn't see anything wrong with the OP.

GP

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 16 Feb 2013 09:41

If you're looking for some interfering busybody who will decide what you can and cannot read - Join Genes Reunited ;-)

This is not directed at any Genes Reunited personnel

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 16 Feb 2013 09:56

Nicely put One Foot In The Grave !

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Feb 2013 10:10

ridiculous