General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

whats in your food

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

terryj

terryj Report 18 Feb 2013 20:50

panorama tonight

i want horse back it looks safer to me

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 18 Feb 2013 21:32

If people want to eat horse thats up to them I dont want to :-D :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 18 Feb 2013 21:40

I know as I cook it.........no precooked or tinned meats in my pantry,

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 18 Feb 2013 21:59

If it's labelled horse and it's safe then that's one thing...shoving meat that's not gone through the correct channels into the food chain and calling it *beef* is illegal.....and I expect heads to roll for it.

That said......meat is meat i suppose...but i'm not sure i'd CHOOSE to eat horse meat....even if it was lablled correctly...hypocritical though that maybe.

BrianW

BrianW Report 18 Feb 2013 22:32

There wa a programme on tonight ("Fake Britain?) which revealed that the "ham" in a lot of pizza parlours and other take-aways run by certain persons of foreign extraction who's religions forbids them to have contact with pork is, in fact, likely to be turkey coloured to resemble pork.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 19 Feb 2013 00:23

BrianW, I never saw it but was it a repeat? Sure i saw that last year

Roy