General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kindle Covers......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:02

Has anyone bought an Amazon Kindle cover, if so which one would you reccomend?? Its just the basic kindle:)

jude :-)

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 23 Feb 2013 18:08

a leather one with a light.....mind you, they are quite expensive.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:10

Thanks Susan.....l've been looking on the A site and found loads, some as you suggest but not sure if they right for this particular kindle, its for Jean (Monmouth) and all the kindle says AmazonKindle....its not a Fire thingie, probably nearly 2 yrs old now!!

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:10

I have this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-EDGE-Kindle-Touch-Latitude-Jacket/dp/B006G6W6J0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361642830&sr=8-1

Light slots into a side pocket.

I have dropped it, knocked it on floor... was fine

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 23 Feb 2013 18:10

I have a leather one without the light - when they were out orginally lots of people had problems with the lights so I decided against.

But did buy a light for it. And it does come in handy at times.

I would recommend you buy the best you can afford as they protect against dropping and knocks.

So leather would be the best option. Kindles own is mine.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:14

Carol...thats an amazing price,thanks for the link:)

The leather one sounds good but which one is it on their site??

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:18

I paid a lot more for mine, but it was a while ago.

My basic Kindle in that case has fallen off of a hospital bed onto the floor several times & survived :-D :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:21

Have you seen this one and would it be ok, or is it a joke??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Proxima-Kindle-Leather-Magnetic-Amazon/dp/B006ARMNHU/ref=sr_1_39?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361643422&sr=1-39

Thanks Carol, will look again:)

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:26

I like mine because of zip, once zipped inside cannot escape :-D :-D :-D

I have arthritic thumbs so need something that is not slippery

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:28

Thanks Carol...l'll try that one and see what happens:)

jude :-) :-) :-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 23 Feb 2013 19:37

I have this one Jude:

http://www.casehappy.co.uk/kindle-keyboard-black-folio-case-with-led-light-11-p.asp

but they are all pretty much the same, I like the magnetic catch cos it's easy for my fingers :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Feb 2013 19:40

a case came with my Kindle - it's a black one - well it was black but now it's black and white as my cat rather likes it ad uses it as a seat!! They have stacks of choice in Curry's and with regard to ever breaking or damaging my Kindle, if you got it from Curry's it's guaranteed for life - they give you a new one if yours get broken or damaged

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 23 Feb 2013 20:27

http://www.lentedesigns.com/kindle-cover-in-summer-stripes-fabric-29-p.asp

I wanted a fabric one rather than a leather one..found it much easier to hold for long periods of time.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 20:35

Thanks everyone:)

This is what l have ordered....l can always send it back it no good:)

iTALKonline PadWear BLACK Executive BOOK Wallet Case Cover Shield Slot for Amazon Kindle 4 (4G) Global Wireless 3G 6" 6 inch 2011 Model"

l was concerned before cause on amazon it says New Covers for Fire etc etc and thought they may be different sizes etc...

jude :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 20:36

Muffy...just looked at yours, very nice, looked at yours too Sue:)

jude :-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 23 Feb 2013 20:39

As long as it keeps the Kindle secure and protects the screen Jude they are all pretty good.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 20:43

Thanks Sue:) :-)