General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kindle Covers......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:02

Has anyone bought an Amazon Kindle cover, if so which one would you reccomend?? Its just the basic kindle:)

jude :-)

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 23 Feb 2013 18:08

a leather one with a light.....mind you, they are quite expensive.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:10

Thanks Susan.....l've been looking on the A site and found loads, some as you suggest but not sure if they right for this particular kindle, its for Jean (Monmouth) and all the kindle says AmazonKindle....its not a Fire thingie, probably nearly 2 yrs old now!!

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:10

I have this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-EDGE-Kindle-Touch-Latitude-Jacket/dp/B006G6W6J0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361642830&sr=8-1

Light slots into a side pocket.

I have dropped it, knocked it on floor... was fine

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 23 Feb 2013 18:10

I have a leather one without the light - when they were out orginally lots of people had problems with the lights so I decided against.

But did buy a light for it. And it does come in handy at times.

I would recommend you buy the best you can afford as they protect against dropping and knocks.

So leather would be the best option. Kindles own is mine.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:14

Carol...thats an amazing price,thanks for the link:)

The leather one sounds good but which one is it on their site??

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:18

I paid a lot more for mine, but it was a while ago.

My basic Kindle in that case has fallen off of a hospital bed onto the floor several times & survived :-D :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:21

Have you seen this one and would it be ok, or is it a joke??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Proxima-Kindle-Leather-Magnetic-Amazon/dp/B006ARMNHU/ref=sr_1_39?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361643422&sr=1-39

Thanks Carol, will look again:)

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:26

I like mine because of zip, once zipped inside cannot escape :-D :-D :-D

I have arthritic thumbs so need something that is not slippery

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 18:28

Thanks Carol...l'll try that one and see what happens:)

jude :-) :-) :-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 23 Feb 2013 19:37

I have this one Jude:

http://www.casehappy.co.uk/kindle-keyboard-black-folio-case-with-led-light-11-p.asp

but they are all pretty much the same, I like the magnetic catch cos it's easy for my fingers :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Feb 2013 19:40

a case came with my Kindle - it's a black one - well it was black but now it's black and white as my cat rather likes it ad uses it as a seat!! They have stacks of choice in Curry's and with regard to ever breaking or damaging my Kindle, if you got it from Curry's it's guaranteed for life - they give you a new one if yours get broken or damaged

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 23 Feb 2013 20:27

http://www.lentedesigns.com/kindle-cover-in-summer-stripes-fabric-29-p.asp

I wanted a fabric one rather than a leather one..found it much easier to hold for long periods of time.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 20:35

Thanks everyone:)

This is what l have ordered....l can always send it back it no good:)

iTALKonline PadWear BLACK Executive BOOK Wallet Case Cover Shield Slot for Amazon Kindle 4 (4G) Global Wireless 3G 6" 6 inch 2011 Model"

l was concerned before cause on amazon it says New Covers for Fire etc etc and thought they may be different sizes etc...

jude :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 20:36

Muffy...just looked at yours, very nice, looked at yours too Sue:)

jude :-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 23 Feb 2013 20:39

As long as it keeps the Kindle secure and protects the screen Jude they are all pretty good.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 23 Feb 2013 20:43

Thanks Sue:) :-)