General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANOTHER GRANDDAUGHTER ON VALENTINES DAY.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 23 Feb 2013 22:26

MY 2ND Granddaughter and 4th grandchild was born safely by c-section on valentines day.
my daughter had gestational diabetes and the doctors wanted to deliver at 32wks,my daughter refused because the baby was fine but big.
at 36wks(2wks ago) my daughter was standing in the bath taking a shower,when she slipped fell backwards out of the bath,cracked her head on the radiator,spent 2days in hos and had 5 stitches in her head wound,tests showed that baby was ok and it was decided to wait until the due section a wk later, baby hollie was born last wk at 37wks weighing a normal 8lbs 1oz so much for a huge baby.
mum and baby out of hos 2days later. x :-D

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 23 Feb 2013 22:37

Congratulations to the family Suzanne and welcome baby Hollie.

Glad to learn your daughter is okay now,what a shock for her,and that everything went as planned.

Mau xx

Wend

Wend Report 23 Feb 2013 22:39

Many congratulations to you Suzanne on the birth of your 2nd granddaughter. So glad all is well with your daughter and her bouncing baby daughter after a traumatic time :-)

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 23 Feb 2013 22:40

Welcome to the world Hollie...and congrats to all.

Hoping your daughter is now fully recovered Suzanne x

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 23 Feb 2013 22:43

Congrats to you all and glad mum and baby are OK

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 23 Feb 2013 22:43

aw congrats to all,

welcome little hollie xxxx

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 23 Feb 2013 22:45

thank you everyone.

daughter never lets anything get her down,it all just goes over her head,her hubby was worse than her,but to be fair there was a lot of blood and she was 8m preg,so he was allowed to panic :-D

ann

ann Report 23 Feb 2013 23:02

Welcome little Hollie xx

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 23 Feb 2013 23:13

thank you ANNIE :-D

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 23 Feb 2013 23:44

Poor mum.....glad all turned out well for both, so welcome to the world Hollie and many congrats to all the family.

Ann

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 23 Feb 2013 23:53

thank you ANN. SHES LOVELY JUST LIKE HER BIG SISTER,DADS OVER THE MOON WITH HIS TWO DAUGHTERS.X MY DAUGHTER IS FINE,TAKES IT ALL IN HER STRIDE,WORKED FULL TIME UNTIL 2WKS BEFORE HOLLIE WAS BORN,HAVING A REST NOW,HUBBIE IS HOME FOR TWO WKS,AND THEN I TAKE OVER FOR 2WKS.X :-D