General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Got him sussed.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Mar 2013 20:38

Fred was sent home to die six years ago because he was making no progress in hospital.

That first year was hard, I was having to learn a lot of things very quickly and we were jostling for position. We fought hammer and tongs.

Now we have established our positions.

I am in charge.
I am not my mother.
I do not wish to emulate some of his bizarre behaviour.
I don't make empty threats.
I don't use blackmail.
I don't take prisoners.
You can do more than you think and you are going to damned well find out what you can do.

I reckon the last five years are the best I have ever had with him!

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 1 Mar 2013 20:41

Fred is a very lucky man, having you to look after him Sharron :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Mar 2013 20:46

And he knows where he stands!

Wend

Wend Report 1 Mar 2013 20:49

Good on yer gal :-D

Must be terrifying living with you though, poor bloke :-D :-D :-D

:-P <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Mar 2013 20:50

Sweet little me?

Mersey

Mersey Report 1 Mar 2013 20:51

High Five Sharron.!!... :-D <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Mar 2013 20:54

It turns out I am not as daft as he thought I was either.

Half his trouble was that he didn't really understand how things were run, like he didn't want me to get a bigger wheely bin because we might be evicted.

He spent a lot of time worrying about my antics I think.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 1 Mar 2013 20:55

Well done to you Sharron:)

Must admit to having a good laugh at your threads:)

jude :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Mar 2013 20:58

If the silly old sod had not been so fixated upon keeping up his pose we could have had a good relationship years ago.

Wend

Wend Report 1 Mar 2013 20:58

Don't blame him - don't we all?

I'm orff for the night >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :-0 :-0 :-0

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Mar 2013 21:00

I never expected his stroke to have positive results.

Wend

Wend Report 1 Mar 2013 21:07

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rewinds :-0

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Mar 2013 21:39

I don't think I have mentioned this time but he has his cataract done on the 6th.

Then I will be well wound up!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Mar 2013 22:40

you'll cope Sharron - you have done wonders so far - he is one lucky man to have you in his life

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Mar 2013 22:50

The real difficulty with that day is that it is also Sausage Sandwich Day.

He will be missing it and I have to live with him!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Mar 2013 00:31

You'll either have to bite the bullet and cook him a 'real' sausage sandwich when he comes home - or convince him a veggie sausage is 'real' meat (could be any meat - duck, horse, rat etc, the way things are going) :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Mar 2013 11:01

OMG.

Not onlyis it Sausage Sandwich Day at lunchtime, it is Fish and Chip Van Down the Village Day at night..

Booking the transport, booking the blood test, finding out whether he needs to starve before, ascetaining his Warfarin dose, all a breeze compared to how I am going to have to deal with those.

Now I am worried!

Merlin

Merlin Report 2 Mar 2013 13:56

When you visit, take him a Chip Butty and a Sausage Sarnie and get them to put it in the microwave to warm it up for him, :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Mar 2013 14:20

I'm not visiting him.He is only there for the afternoon or until the hospital transport see fit to pick him up and bring him back.

I look on it as a sort of creche.

GinN

GinN Report 2 Mar 2013 18:46

You are one strong woman, Sharron! You need to be firm but loving in your position, and you do need to remain in charge. I could never have had my Dad living with us. Everyone thought how sweet and uncomplaining he was, but with me, he was a psychological bully - my Mam had warned me!
Fred sounds a real poppet, but I'm sure he has his moments - you're doing a great job, Girl! :- :-) <3