General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

subscription on GR

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 2 Mar 2013 16:04

GR have informed me that my membership is up on 25 march
They have quoted me £11.95 for 6 months or £19.95 for a year .
I have always paid £9.95 a year for my subs have been a member since 2006 if they insist on £19.95 for the year then i wont be renewing .
Hazelx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Mar 2013 16:07

There have been quite a few threads/posts on this Hazel, including one that had an explanation from genes which says that they are increasing everyone to come in line, so those of us who had a loyalty discount won't get it any more.

lilybids

lilybids Report 2 Mar 2013 16:10

I renewed on 23rd Feb £7-95 for 6 months

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 2 Mar 2013 16:16

Hi Ann ,
sorry but I didn't see that thread but i dont think that i will
pay that amount , so unless they come up with something
i'll just be looking in lol

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 2 Mar 2013 16:18

Well Lilybids,
I dont think I'll be paying £19.95 lol
Hazelx

jax

jax Report 2 Mar 2013 16:25

My sub run out on the 22nd Feb and I have not renewed....I replied on a WDYTYA thread and was given an extra month

Anyway, up until and from the 22nd till 25th whilst still a free member I was offered 6 months at the equiv of £1.33 a month...now they have given me this free month they want me to pay £2.00 a month if I renew .....I think they can stick that where the sun dont shine

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 2 Mar 2013 17:11

I paid £7.96 for 12 months on 24th February, and as I said on one of the other threads while I am pleased I only had to pay that amount the apparently random selection process of who pays what is all wrong :-S :-|

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 2 Mar 2013 17:47

Well it looks as though GR are saying it's ok for some to
pay a smaller amount and others more , no offense to anyone who is getting a good price. :-D. I will just wait and see what GR do if anything :-)
Hazelx

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 2 Mar 2013 19:30

hi hunny mine was £19.95 but its my last time. I can't afford it really, but I needed to tie up my contacts. Hope yur well x

lilybids

lilybids Report 2 Mar 2013 19:49

Very confusing all different prices for the same standard membership :-S

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 2 Mar 2013 20:52

Did they inform you 28 days before your membership expires ?

Terms and Conditions

6. Membership Services and Fees

Where the Standard Membership fee is going to increase we will send you notice of renewal 28 days before such automatic renewal. Each notice of renewal email will include the date when automatic renewal is scheduled to take place and the Standard Membership fee applicable, including notice of any increase in the Membership fees where applicable.

wisechild

wisechild Report 3 Mar 2013 07:20

I renewed on Feb 24th. 7.96 GBP for 12 months, then Genes very kindly extended by a month because I posted on the WDYTYA board last weekend.
Feel like I´ve won the lottery, but the whole thing is so unfair & genes don´t appear to be able to explain why the subs vary so much.,

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 3 Mar 2013 08:00

II got an e-mail on 09/02/2013 telling me that my subscription was due for renewal on 22/02/2013 and that if I renewed before my subscription expired I would get a 20% discount.

I decided to renew for one year and got a receipt by e-mail saying "You have been billed £19.95 GBP for a 12 month Standard Membership" - the 20% discount had not been deducted :-|

I contacted them and their accounts department asked me to e-mail them the e-mail offering the 20% discount. I forwarded this to them and got £3.99 refunded to me, so 12 months standard membership cost me £15.96.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Mar 2013 08:13

Thread reminds me of a Spanish holiday when we seemed to spend most of week working out who had got the cheapest package. Chief topic of conversation round swimming pool. We paid about £1200 for 4, someone else had paid £1800 and another £840 for exactly same holiday.

I have just renewed for 12 months for less than a tenner. Looks like it will be one big increase next year :-(

FootieAngel

FootieAngel Report 3 Mar 2013 09:35

There dont seem no rhyme or reason Hazel n I have been members a long time. I let my membership lapse as I had moved etc they gave me same membership account as alwes I hadnt realised it was £19.95 until they billed my husband and he contacted me to say it had come off his card. Sometimes it feels like loyalty means nothing :(

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 3 Mar 2013 09:41

Still in two minds whether to renew or not at the new much higher price.
When I queried with Genes I did get the following in their reply (maybe a carrot on the end of a big stick?):

**We also plan to add more features to the standard subscription over the coming months.**

Hmmm?

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 3 Mar 2013 11:21

Hi everyone ,
Well I wont be renewing on the 25 th march for that price ,
I have always paid £9.95 except when they have given me a reduction
which was last march and was £7.96.

Hi Mel, i'm well thanks , hope you are too dont see much of you on the boards, but saying that i haven't been on a lot my self lately

John , what has holidays got to do with GR payments :-0

now i have to go out for a while be back later :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Mar 2013 11:56

Lady Cutie. We have discussed varying payments to Genes based on some logic but not a lot for some time on Genes. It reminded me of a holiday when the discussion round the swimming pool was "how much did you pay for same holiday"

Hoped I had made that clear:-S

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 3 Mar 2013 12:57

Have just checked and last year (April 2012) I paid 7.96

Now as I no longer have a tree and only use the Community boards, should GR in their wisdom decide to start charging me any more then I too shall be leaving and sticking with only the forums on Rootschat.

I know quite a few of us are also on there - and I am known on there as Plummiegirl, which has nothing to do with how I speak
I am a girlie, I live in Plumstead hence Plummiegirl......

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 3 Mar 2013 18:11

John ,
Holidays will always be differant prices ...

i would have thought that GR would have had the same price for everyone who is a standerd member.
As i have said i have always paid £9.95 for the year.
Hazelx