General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WARNING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 3 Mar 2013 09:08

BAD MOOD MORNING
YET ANOTHER NIGHT WITH NO SLEEP AND BY NO SLEEP I MEAN JUST THAT,
AFTER SHUFFLING ROUND S-HOMBASE WITH WALKING FRAME I THOUGHT THE EXERSISE WOULD DO ME GOOD AN HELP ME SLEEP (DID IT HECK), AND RELYING ON OTHERS IS GETTING ME DOWN,I CANT EVEN GO OUTSIDE WITHOUT SOMONE WITH ME ALL THE TIME I HAVE NO INDEPENDANCE NO FREEDOM AND THE LAST FOUR MONTHS ARE PUSHING ME TO MY LIMIT,SO BE WARNED IM FED UP BIG TIME,,,,,,,,WITH EVERYONE

David

David Report 3 Mar 2013 09:15

Sorry to read that Dizzi.
Extreem fatigue is depressing at the best of times.
Especially if you can't sleep.
Don't rely on others any more than necassary Dizzi.
Your'e a tough girl.
Buy a bottle of gin or whiskey.
A double at bed time might help you nod off.
Good luck

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 3 Mar 2013 09:22

I will drink to that!!

Runs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Mar 2013 09:27

<3 <3

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 3 Mar 2013 09:34

FANKS ITS ME JUST HAVING A DOSE OF POOR ME
BUT IM SO FRUSTRATED SITTING HERE ALL THE FUDDY DAY,THERES ONLY SO MUCH CONVERSATION YOU CAN HAVE WITH A POOTER,AND MOST OF MY FRIENDS LIVE MILES AWAY,IN THE LAST FOUR MONTHS I HAVE ONLY SEEN THEM FOUR TIMES,AS I CANT DO THE TRAIN ON MY OWN ANYMORE :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
AND THE CARAVAN SITE OPENED ON THE FIRST :-(

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 3 Mar 2013 10:20

Hi Dizzi,
I have trouble getting to sleep at times and like David I have a couple of large tots of whisky and it has definitely helped me.
Best of luck.

GP

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 3 Mar 2013 10:21

Right..............well lets have a chat then! :-D

What did you have for breakast?

What are you having for dinner today?

Julia

Julia Report 3 Mar 2013 10:31

Morning Dizzi, Very frustrating, innit.

Know how you feel. Can't you take up knitting or crocheting whilst sat all day. That is what I do, and I have made loads of things. Also helps to tire your eyes, so goes towards sleep at night. Also, try reading a book when you go to bed.

Now it is getting towards the gardening season, and I am becoming restless also, but know I'll just have to be patient.for a while.

When all else fails, do as GeordiePride and David suggest. Doesn't hurt, but depends what meds. your on.

Good Luck

Julia in Derbyshire

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 3 Mar 2013 10:33

Sending love and ))))BIG HUGS((( not much help I know but may make you feel a bit better. xxx <3 <3 <3

Sheila

Sheila Report 3 Mar 2013 10:35

Dizzi,

I can sympathise with you. I have broken my right arm. Fortunately I willnot be incapacilated as long as youhave been.
Trying to sleep is so difficult. If only we could empty our minds and not think about everyday things at night.

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 3 Mar 2013 11:05

Hello you Dizzi moo it's me the grumpy one. :-D I may be a few miles away but you can phone me if you need me or the other half. To be honest with you if you was not feeling down in you're position I would be worrying more than I am at the moment. Please don't think I don't understand because I just said that, I do. You are still in recovery Dizzi & yes you will be wanting to do more then you are able too just now as that's just in you. This takes time & it's better to get it done correctly the first time than end up at the start of it all again. So like I told you before if you need us call us, if you need to talk, shout, scream or anything just call us we are here for you. We know it's not easy & you're our friend & a good one at that.

David

David Report 3 Mar 2013 13:53

Dizzi,some times we get our gremlin insisting on chatting when we would rather sleep.
Tell it to puss off, your'e tired and need some rest.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 3 Mar 2013 14:13

I went to bed at 5.15 a.m. and slept fifully until 10.30 a.m. This has been my routine for a few months now. That was without any senile naps too!

It's annoying so I know how you feel. I usually find one day every 7/8 days I cannot stay awake andam like a zombie, that's my catch up day.

I have absolutely no advice Dizzi, sorry. Just hope you get into a good sleep routine soon.

Sue xx

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Mar 2013 14:56

I think Sue gives good advice there. I know last 2 years I have taken my annual holiday from work en bloc in winter. And I am then out of normal routine and can't eat or sleep properly.

I tend to cat nap a couple of hours at a time instead of a steady 7 hours between 11pm and 6am like normal. And SkyPlus is a boon cos I can watch TV when I want, without all those adverts.

Have those regularly up at 4am in the morning thought about phoning each other if free on BT or network? As long as you don't laugh too much and disturb rest of house (or next door) :-D

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 3 Mar 2013 15:05

DO NOT GIVE HER ANY IDEAS JOHN

Dizzi you need to just keep trying to get into a sleep pattern, wind down time with putter/ lap top, toilet visit & then bed time & lights off.

NO getting up & playing... if you need the loo... go... then back to that bed with lights off. Even if you are not sleeping all the time you are resting that body of yours & may nod off from boredom.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2013 15:11

I think we should take the GR meet to Dizzis house and that would make you laugh....have you seen a GR outing lately!!

Many older ladies in colourful dress including wellies and those in many colours to with an array of maps and Gprs signal systems all hoping we can and will find our way to yours !!! all of us carrying a bag ....you know the sort ladies,them ones, we danced around many years ago!!! and one of them "new" recycling bags that we "HAVE" to carry coz if you buy anything "they " wont give you a bag you "have" to buy one!!!

Now each of us looking for road names and the TOILETS!!! well those who aint looking have their tenner on!!!

By the time we get to yours the "goodies" we did bring are half eaten and half squashed in the bottom of "them" bags!!

AND when we do arrive we all need a sleep ..........

So Dizzi I really dont think that any of us out here would be much company anyway!!!

:-D :-D :-) :-)

Jean

Jean Report 3 Mar 2013 16:25

hi dizzi, nothing worse than not being able to sleep. i have 2 glasses of wine each night, that does the trick for me. i hope you manage to get some zzzzz tonight.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 3 Mar 2013 16:35

Something that often works for me:

Bowl of prunes with a spoonful of caster oil to add flavour.
Double espresso and an oatmeal biscuit
And two large glasses of refrigerated water.

Never fails. Sweet dreams :-D

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 4 Mar 2013 10:27

Dizzi don't listen to him he will have you sat on you're loo all night long. Go see you're GP & see if he can help find the real reason as to why you are unable to sleep & what can he do to help you. Make you're self heard girl you're good at that. :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 4 Mar 2013 11:29

BEEN TO DOC'S
IRON DOWN TO 7 ANEMIC AGAIN,LIQUID IRON,,,YUCK YUCK YUCK.