General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Moulting

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 3 Mar 2013 14:54

anyone else's dogs shedding. Mine should be bald by now, hair everywhere except on the dogs :-0

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 3 Mar 2013 15:01

Hi Eeyore

Thats the only thing I dont miss about my much loved German Shepherd. Cleaning up dog hairs every bloomin day.
The hair of the dog in our house

meant exactly that :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 3 Mar 2013 15:03

i had my dog shaved in october
he is only just growning a new coat

he is running round the garden in a thermal jacket and loves it ;-)

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 3 Mar 2013 15:06

Lol

at least the older dog likes being hoovered along with the carpet,furniture & visitors :-)

Maybe we're going to have a "summer" !!!!!!

wisechild

wisechild Report 3 Mar 2013 15:20

HavenĀ“t got a dog, but the cat is & licking furiously, then throwing up.
I love the spring.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 3 Mar 2013 15:21

Double-coated dogs are a nightmare - every time I brush ours, you can rake out enough to fill a couple of pillows :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 3 Mar 2013 15:31

Mine is the same, Sheila. Luckily my carpet is the same colour as my dog :-D :-D

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 3 Mar 2013 16:01

last dog we had was the first short coated dog we had - I thought there would be less hair - silly me - but he did love hoovered and would bark as soon as the cleaner appeared.

Eeyore13

Eeyore13 Report 3 Mar 2013 16:06

Its when the sun shines & the floor has a golden glow...they do love a good roll & stretch on the carpet every morning :-|

Hilary

Hilary Report 3 Mar 2013 16:27

Have a Jack Russel & she never stops, we wear her coat all the time. Hubby gets fed up with me brushing him down all the time. Would'nt part with her for the world but next dog, if I have one has to be black.
Hilary x

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 3 Mar 2013 16:29

so you all haver the btype of homes
the dog hair sticks to everything except the dog
whats a bit of dog hair among friends :-D :-D

nothing like sharing is there ;-) ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Mar 2013 16:44

Hilary not sure about dogs, but black cats have a tendency to not only shed black hair on light surfaces, they shed grey hair on dark surfaces :-|

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 3 Mar 2013 16:53

Harper being a Miniature Schnauzer doesn't moult...lovely !!!

However Fleur the collie is shedding hair quicker than I can hoover it up..has been doing for 3 wks now despite being brushed everyday.

Fleur has had these mammoth moults since she turned ten 2 yrs ago...so either it's old age that's making her moult more or these spikes in the temperature ..hot to cold...are doing it...I don't know........

Jane

Jane Report 3 Mar 2013 17:50

I think my old boy has just about finished the big moult.That was a few weeks ago.Now it seems to be just loose bits,not clumps.But sadly it shows how much muscle has wasted and he is really boney :-(.He is coming up to 15 in July but seems to be disappearing before my eyes. :-D :-D.I don't want to think about it.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 3 Mar 2013 18:06

I don't know if it is true, but my Granddad used to say that if a working dog was brought indoors it would start to moult whatever it's age, he was a shepherd and always had 4 or 5 sheep dogs, when they retired they lived in the barn, his working dogs also lived in the barn.