General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Eurovision, that thing I don't watch

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Mar 2013 16:52

Bonnie Tyler to represent UK at Eurovision Song Contest
Bonnie Tyler, famed for her hit Total Eclipse of the Heart, will sing the UK's entry at the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest in Sweden.

Well I have to say she has guts :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Mar 2013 16:54

love Bonnie and that song!!! Swansea girl innit!!!!

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Mar 2013 16:55

lolol problem is she a lot older and it will be a different song :-(

I don't suppose she will do worse than Engelbert Dumpertruck ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Mar 2013 16:55

Must post this again: (sorry)

:-D

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f03d464867/total-eclipse-of-the-heart-literal-video-version-original

Mersey

Mersey Report 7 Mar 2013 16:56

Good Luck to her but ive promised myself this year I ain't watching ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Mar 2013 16:59

I never watch it - saw it when Dana won with "All kinds of everything" -?? Think that was it

no wonder I wasn't much cop at geography in school - I had no idea that Aezerbaijan was in Europe - along with a lot of other countries :-S :-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Mar 2013 17:03

We stopped watching it many yonks ago . Too much political voting and music tastes differ so much for each country that to me seems pointless.

She is old hat too sorry .she has guts though :-(

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Mar 2013 17:04

ROFLMAO Maggie, I haven't seen that before :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Mar 2013 17:49

It isn't in Europe it is Asia Minor.

The Europe handle is a hang over thing from when it was first tsarist possession and then a USSR republic and Russia decided where "Europe" was.

In any case David Cameron and William Hague believe nearby Turkey is in Europe while Bulgaria and Romania are clearly not.

A former foreign secretary, Douglas Hurd, believed that Serbia, Croatia etc were also clearly not in Europe and therefore NATO (an organisation founded to protect peace in Europe) had nothing to do.

FIFA / EUFA also have an elastic definition of Europe and it would be perfectly possible for Vladivostock to host a game if it had a good enough team.

So don't worry about your school geography.

Blondie should get all the BBC2 listeners bouncing away on the sofa anyway, smart move by the Beeb. She is up against some tuff stuff, the home team have a Black Sabbath heavy metal number ( rustling sounds as Blondie fans hide behind the sofa ).

Nul points, quelqu'un ?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Mar 2013 17:53

Blondie!!!! Bonnie :-D :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 7 Mar 2013 18:00

It will be a hit as the bride and grooms first dance record,,,,,,,boy shes had some surgery,,,,,but at 61 shes not half bad......

Chrissie

Chrissie Report 7 Mar 2013 19:16

I don't watch it but I love Bonnie so I hope it goes well!

Chrissie

Chrissie Report 7 Mar 2013 19:16

I don't watch it but I love Bonnie so I hope it goes well!

GinN

GinN Report 7 Mar 2013 19:32

Eurovision is one of my guilty little viewing pleasures, I'm afraid, even though the voting patterns drive me nuts :-D

BrianW

BrianW Report 7 Mar 2013 20:58

Please, please tell me Terry Wogan won't be commentating !

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Mar 2013 21:29

Maggie....i have just watched the link you posted..........and i am in need of breathing apparatus over here!!

:-D :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 7 Mar 2013 22:00

Never watched Eurovision since Dana. But the girl from Skewen will get me watching this time.

Love her :-D :-D <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Mar 2013 22:52

:-D :-D PH - it's clever, isn't it?

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 7 Mar 2013 23:10

Soooo Bonnie Tyler has been chosen to represent Great Britain in the Eurovision song contest... I'm holding out for a zero... :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Mar 2013 23:18

Bring it on Bonnie!!

It's a heartache, nothing but a heartache
Hits you when it's too late, hits you when you're down
It's a fools' game, nothing but a fool's game
Standing in the cold rain, feeling like a clown.

;-) :-D