General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

veterans of the arctic convoys

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Johnnyblueeyes

Johnnyblueeyes Report 8 Mar 2013 18:52

veterans of the arctic convoys will finally be decorated by britian.
the application process now open.
veterans-uk.info or tel 08457800900.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 8 Mar 2013 20:35

This is old news!

There are fewer than 300 guys still alive.
Most of the people applying are the children, sometimes on behalf of elderly widows.

"O Lord, when thou givest to thy servants to endeavour in any great matter, grant us also to know that it is not the beginning but the continuing of the same until it be thoroughly finished that yieldeth the true glory; through Him who for the finishing of thy work laid down his life, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Mar 2013 20:39

I've got one of them.

Better start looking in to applying for him.

Of course, I would never have known he was on the convoys if a bloke up the pub hadn't told me! Is it any wonder I grew up furtive?

Johnnyblueeyes

Johnnyblueeyes Report 9 Mar 2013 19:30

Good Luck

Foggy

Foggy Report 9 Mar 2013 19:53

About time, should have been done years ago.