General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No Mother's Day Card

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OllietheOwl

OllietheOwl Report 8 Mar 2013 21:11

This post is dedicated to all Mothers who won't be getting a card on Sunday, for me it is the worst day of the year.

Our only child was run over and killed on New Year's Day 2004 aged 29.

To all others who have lost a child either through Death, Adoption, or any other reason I wish you strength to get through the day.

My picture is dedicated to Neil. I love and miss him so much.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 8 Mar 2013 21:22

I'm very sorry that this is such a hard time for you. I hope happy memories of your Neil will help you get through the day <3

OllietheOwl

OllietheOwl Report 8 Mar 2013 21:35

Thanks Sue , I will be laughing and crying all through the day.

Olwen

Joy

Joy Report 8 Mar 2013 21:49

To all parents in your situation, and to those that have never had the privilege of having a child.

:(

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 8 Mar 2013 21:57

Hold on to your precious memories Neil will always be with you, and you will always be his Mum. <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 8 Mar 2013 21:58

Sending hugs Olwen <3

Aw Joy....what a lovely thing to say <3

OllietheOwl

OllietheOwl Report 8 Mar 2013 22:48

Joy, what a lovely post and yes it is a privilege to have been a mum.

I did have trouble with pregnancies and had 4 miscarriages so I often think about people who have never been able to have children.

We will all get through the day somehow.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 8 Mar 2013 23:26

So sad to have your pride and joy taken from you at such a young age. I am so very sorry <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 Mar 2013 06:36

Olwen, I am so sorry you had such tragedy in your life and lost your only son as well as suffered miscarriages.

I would have no reason to live if I lost my lad (30) and did lose my daughter when she was three days old.

A friend of mine lost her Mum last year on March 10th, ironic that this year the anniversary falls on Mother's Day. Karen has two sons so I hope they will be with her on Sunday to help her through. Her Dad was killed in a car accident about a year before her mother died. I am going to phone her later for a chat.

Special hugs to all Mums without children to send cards, our CarolB is another who is in my thoughts.

Lizxxx

Joy

Joy Report 9 Mar 2013 20:04

Thinking of you, Olwen, and Neil, especially tomorrow, on Mothering Sunday.